ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help & Advice needed please!!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sri86
Newly Registered

Help & Advice needed please!!!

Post by sri86 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum, need an advice regarding my case.
I am on PSW visa expiring in 15 days. I have the Required 50k funds held in my personal account (HDFC bank) overseas, India. am planning to apply for the Tier1. I do have the maintenance funds(900) in my UK personal bank account for 3 months.
My question is, I spoke to the branch manager in India to issue a letter covering the
1. funds availability,
2. ready for disposal and
3. bank is regulated by RBI.

He refused to add the words mentioning about the "ready for disposal" and about the "this bank is regulated by the Reserve bank of India".

He confirmed that he can issue an Balance confirmation statement and the bank statement if needed.

Do I need the letter covering all these details or is it enough if the letter just implies the balance amount of funds.
FYI, all the Funds in accounts are on my name.

Thanks

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Help & Advice needed please!!!

Post by smehmood » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:04 pm

sri86 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am on PSW visa expiring in 15 days. I have the Required 50k funds held in my personal account (HDFC bank) overseas, India. am planning to apply for the Tier1. I do have the maintenance funds(900) in my UK personal bank account for 3 months.
My question is, I spoke to the branch manager in India to issue a letter covering the
1. funds availability,

He refused to add the words mentioning about the "ready for disposal" and about the "this bank is regulated by the Reserve bank of India".

He confirmed that he can issue an Balance confirmation statement and the bank statement if needed.

Do I need the letter covering all these details or is it enough if the letter just implies the balance amount of funds.

Thanks

Hi

You need a letter confirming

1. your balance

2. Money is disposable in UK

3. Bank is regulated by RBI

4. your name , Date of Birth, and account Number.

Preferably get bank statement as well

Regards
Shaukat

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:11 pm

It may be a problem as money MUST be freely movable. You dont know how fussy your caseworker may be so better not to take chance. Dont worry about RBI regulation as UKBA check it themselves.

sri86
Newly Registered

Post by sri86 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:03 am

1.Thank you very much for the replies, I will request the bank manager to confirm about the 'funds disposal to UK'.

2. will there be any issues regarding the lines as the bank is per regulations of RBI, as this bank is listed ACCEPTABLE on the UKBA website.

Thanks.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi Sri86,

As you mention funds are in Indian Bank account and account is on your name so I cant see any problem as long as you have original bank statement and letter from the bank confirming the balance, and bank is in list of regulated financial institution than you are fine as money is in your own name and you have full access to it.

regards

Rehan

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:17 pm

i think experts are here to resolve your matter they might be able to find a solution for you. i would still stick with my earlier response even someone has already picked up that one of my point in my earlier advise is not required.

Regards
Shaukat

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:12 pm

sri86 wrote:1.Thank you very much for the replies, I will request the bank manager to confirm about the 'funds disposal to UK'.

2. will there be any issues regarding the lines as the bank is per regulations of RBI, as this bank is listed ACCEPTABLE on the UKBA website.

Thanks.
I have read the policy guidance and it clearly says that if your bank is regulated by FSA that itself automatically fulfill the requirements of money disposable to uk so even if bank dont right down the letter its fine.My bank aswell didnt wrote the same letter but I have submitted the file without it.

Thnks

nishant

mjay

Post by mjay » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:24 pm

smehmood wrote:

1. funds availability,

Thanks

Hi

1. your balance

Regards
hi no need to write Date of Birth in the Bank letter

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 am

Correct no need of DOB in bank letter ... and if bank give you letter it will be standard letter confirming MR XYZ holding account number 123 bank with us and the current balance for above mention account number is 50,000 pounds etc.

that will be more than enough.

regards

Rehan

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 pm

entreprenuer11 wrote:He refused to add the words mentioning about the "ready for disposal" and about the "this bank is regulated by the Reserve bank of India".

It may be a problem as money MUST be freely movable. You dont know how fussy your caseworker may be so better not to take chance. Dont worry about RBI regulation as UKBA check it themselves.

Hi

I have a refusal letter in my hand which states that the same reason for refusal which you are Advising , NO NEED TO MENTION AS UKBA CAN CHECK THEMSELVES.
Read Rule 41 SD

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

Think before you object me next time please.

Regards
Shaukat

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:00 pm

mjay wrote:
smehmood wrote:

1. funds availability,

Thanks

Hi

1. your balance

Regards
hi no need to write Date of Birth in the Bank letter

Hi

Whats wrong if you write it on letter. No ONE WILL BE HURT however makes letter confirming applicant details in great detail.

Regards
Shaukat