ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OISC course and registration assistance

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waterlillies
Newly Registered

OISC course and registration assistance

Post by waterlillies » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi, would anyone recommend a trustful and price reasonable organisation for OISC course level 1 and registration assistance in London area please? Thank you for your kind help in advance!

fredup
Newly Registered

Post by fredup » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:58 pm

I have been looking for a course also.... the OISC seem to make it as hard as possible to qualify.

Most other professional bodies set our clearly the study routes and give a list of approved organisations that provide the study courses. OISC don't bother with that, they leave it open so students have no idea if the courses they are signing up to are actually any good, or are run by total cowboys....

It is also illegal to give immigration advice, even for free, if you are not OISC accredited, however OISC require at least 40 hours experience to get level 1 accreditation. This is completely circular total insanity and prevents most people from applying. It would appear that the only way to gain level 1 accreditation is to try to find supervised work experience with an accredited adviser or organisation - not easy!

Wouldn't it be so much easier if OISC would identify training providers that deliver quality courses that mean successful students can then apply for level 1 accreditation? After all level 1 is not overly difficult, it's mainly about identifying the correct visa that should be applied for and assisting with that application by advising on documents required etc - not in depth work!

Best of luck and if I find any decent courses I will let you know.

Cheers

Fredup

waterlillies
Newly Registered

Post by waterlillies » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi, thanks for your answer. I completely agree...

Had a course. Not sure if that was the best. However am looking for those mentioned 40 hours practice in London area now. If there are any offers, please do send me a private message. Would appreaciate a lot!

PS: Happy New year all ;)