ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Bank letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

letitrainoh
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Bank letter

Post by letitrainoh » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:53 am

I'm preparing to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur.
I'm from South Korea and I want to apply for the visa in my home country.

If I hold 200,000 pounds in my account of South Korea and my bank doesn't write a bank letter, are there any documents that can cover the bank letter?

I phoned the bank which holds my money if they can write a bank letter but they said they can issue a bank statement but they refused to write the letter.

And I have another question, how can I prove that the bank holding my money is an regulated institution?

The bank is one of main banks in South Korea.
I was wondering if I need to require a specific document from the bank.

If anybody has an experience regarding this issues, please give me some advice.

Happy new Year!

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Bank letter

Post by smehmood » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:57 pm

letitrainoh wrote:I'm preparing to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

If I hold 200,000 pounds in my account of South Korea and my bank doesn't write a bank letter, are there any documents that can cover the bank letter?

I phoned the bank which holds my money if they can write a bank letter but they said they can issue a bank statement but they refused to write the letter.

And I have another question, how can I prove that the bank holding my money is an regulated institution?

Happy new Year!
Hi

1. If bank is registered with FSA then u do,nt need a letter from bank but bank statement

2. if its main bank and registered with central bank of SK its fine.

Regards
Shaukat

letitrainoh
Newly Registered

Post by letitrainoh » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:10 pm

smehmood wrote:

Happy new Year!
Hi

1. If bank is registered with FSA then u do,nt need a letter from bank but bank statement

2. if its main bank and registered with central bank of SK its fine.

Regards

Thank you for your reply.

But the bank is not registered with FSA. I heard only UK banks are registered with FSA and the bank didn't seem to know what the FSA is.

They just say their statement includes all the things and i can try to apply my visa with it.

But I want to make sure to prepare all the documents that UKBA requires.

I am trying to contact other banks in South Korea if they could write a letter but I am not quite sure whether they accept it or not.

I'm worried about if all the banks refuse to write a letter.

I don't understand why it's a big deal to a bank.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Letter is a must. Bank statement is not enough. It wont be enough because 25 points are for 'funds being transferable to the UK' and 25 points are for the confirmation that 'bank is regulated by state bank of s.korea' and both these things are not present in bank statement.

You will never get a visa with bank statement for the reasons mentioned above.

It may be against the banking regulation to issue the letter but if you go and see the bank manager where you hold your bank account, explain him your situation he will definitely help. Else threat them that If they do not give you letter you will withdraw all the funds on the day and deposit them to their competitor bank in Korea.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 am

rizwan567 wrote:Letter is a must. Bank statement is not enough. It wont be enough because 25 points are for 'funds being transferable to the UK' and 25 points are for the confirmation that 'bank is regulated by state bank of s.korea' and both these things are not present in bank statement.

It may be against the banking regulation to issue the letter but if you go and see the bank manager where you hold your bank account, explain him your situation he will definitely help. Else threat them that If they do not give you letter you will withdraw all the funds on the day and deposit them to their competitor bank in Korea.
I second rizwan567. Just follow that.

letitrainoh
Newly Registered

Post by letitrainoh » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:40 am

rizwan567 wrote:Letter is a must. Bank statement is not enough. It wont be enough because 25 points are for 'funds being transferable to the UK' and 25 points are for the confirmation that 'bank is regulated by state bank of s.korea' and both these things are not present in bank statement.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm persuading the bank manager who is in charge of my account.
Issuing a letter regarding account details isn't common in banks in S.Korea.
I think that's why they hesitate and tend to refuse to write it even though it is nothing difficult.

I will find another bank if he finally refuses to write it and will definitely apply the visa with a bank letter.

I will update my situation.
Thanks again.

samay9999
Newly Registered

Post by samay9999 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:32 am

Barcalays bank open an overseas account for outsiders. open up that account and transfer your money into the uk . you don''t need letter than just the bank statement would be fine. i hope that\s help

sonheaven

Post by sonheaven » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:00 am

Happy new Year!
Hows your situation now?