ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

joint application for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aa1112
Newly Registered

joint application for naturalisation

Post by aa1112 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 pm

I have been granted ILR in October 2011 under 10 years long residency and my wife got her ILR in February 2012 as she was with me for 3 years.
My question is
1)whether both of us can apply for naturalisation as a joint application or not in March 2013??? Because my application would be considered under 5 years long residency and my wife would be considered under 3 years long residency????

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: joint application for naturalisation

Post by vinitmanu » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:27 pm

aa1112 wrote:I have been granted ILR in October 2011 under 10 years long residency and my wife got her ILR in February 2012 as she was with me for 3 years.
My question is
1)whether both of us can apply for naturalisation as a joint application or not in March 2013??? Because my application would be considered under 5 years long residency and my wife would be considered under 3 years long residency????
No, she should only apply once you become a British citizen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:48 pm

If you and your wife apply together, you will both need to qualify under the 5 year rule individually. Your wife will qualify under 3 year rule only once you have been approved for BC and attended your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.