ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP current/ applicants **IMPORTANT INFO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sharat

HSMP current/ applicants **IMPORTANT INFO

Post by sharat » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:09 pm

THIS IS FROM HIGHLY TRUSTED SOURCES IN THE OFFICE and will be helpful to all HSMP applicants now.
If you are from a country where there is currently a huge immigration clamor in the UK, (Eg: India, Pakistan, and other south east Asian countries) chances for REJECTION is high unless you are highly reputed in your field.
Whatever be your nationality, make sure you have the following. Do not just go with points awared by websites and past statistics- personal circumstances apply more than just point calculations.

- A PhD or a high honorary post graduate degree from a reputed university. Now, a 15-20 year experienced and well qualified doctor from an International hospital has high priority than anyone else's application since they are hugely in demand. Such applications will easily go through without any rejection hassles. As explained, inviduals personal situation is considered which means, having a PhD does not guarantee a HSMP approval.

- minimum 10 year work experience from a multinational company
Experience with multinational companies is highly regarded and desirable especially in R&D areas.
**SALARY**
THE VERY IMPORTANT SALARY FACTOR - you have to show your earning ratio was similar to a corresponding grade officer in the UK. THE REASON IS- GOVT DOES NOT WANT TO SEE JOB INDUSTRY UNDERVALUATION CAUSED BY MIGRANT WORKERS. The decision is made not just by salary figures but also by applying practical job scenario puting your case. As an example, a nuclear scientist who applies for HSMP has to show he had the average earning of an equivalent Briton during his overall experience.

ACHIEVMENTS

People say they have achieved a lot of this and that in application, but basically what is meant by achievement is achievements recognised by an international body. Just by example - if you have been invited for a paper presentation in a reputed foreign university based on your research– that is an achievement.

hope this information will become helpful to all.

Best of Luck

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:14 am

I don't buy ur info.

goodluck
Newly Registered

Post by goodluck » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:48 am

Dear sharat,

I have secured 2 student visa’s, 3 work permits and 1 HSMP in very short period without any trouble despite I am from one of the country you mentioned in your list.

Unwanted advice:
If you score the required points and if you have supporting legal evidence (original documents) to claim your points, you should not have any problem what so ever in getting your HSMP visa no matter which country you are from.

Goodluck

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm

Same thoughs as GoodLuck. If you score, they can't reject you without a reason.
Regards,
Afzal

algorithm
Newly Registered

Stop posting negative rumours

Post by algorithm » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:51 pm

Agree with goodluck and afzalasm. Mr Sharat, I don't whats your purpose for such a mail, The guys scanning the applications see if you can do 65 points, as long as u have the relevant evidence, I don;t think there is any harm in spending 150 pounds.

Your posting is not going to reduce any number of applicants :lol:

srjafri

Post by srjafri » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:16 pm

sorry i did'nt agree with you, I have student visa and six year experience with british company and i dont have any difficulty regarding any thing here in british.

i don't whats your purpose.

sharat

Post by sharat » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:31 pm

sorry to have caused anger among readers. I was not referring about already approved HSMP cases.
The changes and are going to be in effect soon with the new asylum and immigration policies. I'm not having any intention to discourage anyone from applying HSMP or any visa. I was also a work permit holder just over 1 year back and understand your concerns. sorry again for causing confusion.
I have only shared some info which is going to be in effect from sep-oct time from trusted sources.
Dont buy anything from me just ignore it if you dont want to
read but see it in effect please. rgds.

Cane

Post by Cane » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:38 pm

Sharat,

Care to share your sources?

Cane

algorithm
Newly Registered

Yeah Right :)

Post by algorithm » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:49 pm

Yes all applicants under 28 Years are reuired to be either a Doctor or PHD, along with 10 Years of experience in a multinational. These are going to be new policies :twisted:

raj

Post by raj » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:52 pm

that was really nice algorithm

now people have to get 10 years working experience after graduate and ensure that u must complete those 10 years before u turn 28.

hello......are schools and universities are also changing their rules to admit new born child so that they can graduate by 18 age.

cheers!!!
Last edited by raj on Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------

sharat

Post by sharat » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:18 pm

I dont know what to comment for your replies ?????? WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG HERE ????? POSTING SOME INFO IS WRONG??

And algorithm - There is points for age. Simply All Tom dick n harries wont be able to get a PhD before the age of 28 for the sake applying HSMP. You will hardly find a 28 year old phd guy queuing to get HSMP approval in front of an high commission or embassy. He will have better things to do that that stage of an age with a PhD.

DONT start writing. either take my information or ignore.

raj

Post by raj » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:48 am

and u forgot to share your source detail mr. sharat.....
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------

algorithm
Newly Registered

Rules of Application

Post by algorithm » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:51 am

If you have sufficient documentation (Education normally 15 Points, Salary 25 points, 4 years Experience 25 points). Total 65, there is your requirment. The office does the mechanical job of checking if the documentation really matches the claimed points. If your paper trail is little confusing or do not match with what you have claimed, chances are there for rejection.

Most of the rejections I have seen match this criteria, Unless HSMP folks change their policy and publish it, you can't pass on rumours. This is a Britsh Office in place, people have to follow the rules and regulations and not your instincts.

The forum is here to help people in getting the application right, with your real life experience, not the rumours.

sharat

Post by sharat » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:03 pm

algorithm :- I had no intention of spreading unwanted rumors.
This BB will still be on and you may want to come back and see how many of my points contradict during oct-nov time after the govt announce the same.
In short words - HSMP is going stricter. take it or leave it.
Regarding sources - I dont think I should disclose it just for the benefit of proving it..

tgs

Post by tgs » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:22 pm

Just looking how David Bluntt and the police here acting on illegal immigrants, you get the impression the Britons are want to clamp down on immigrants. Still they want not to chase away highly skilled people.

What is going to change is how HO judges your application; points will still be there, but getting recognition for that points will not be that easy. I see this already by looking at the number of rejected applications and most reasons are for not being able to proof the claimed points. They want to get rid of chancers

So sharat is correct when he says the above.