ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After an EEA family permit has been granted.....

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ltb86
Newly Registered

After an EEA family permit has been granted.....

Post by ltb86 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick query, i am intersted to know what happens after the spouse of an EU citizen has been granted an EEA family permit and are able to live in the EU citizens home country, what restrictions are placed on the spouse if any? Do they have to apply for anything else in the future? I'm just thinking along the lines of with a spouse visa application (for uk) they have to apply for FLR/ILR and are not entitled to any recourse to public funds....does this rule apply for EEA family permit applications also? What about NHS healthcare? I've not seen any other information on this...

Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm

The do not have to, but are advised to apply for a residence card; the reason being it would be much easier for them to demonstrate their status.

There are no restrictions per se.