ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dividend payment date mismatch in personal and business a/c

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

techie_09

dividend payment date mismatch in personal and business a/c

Post by techie_09 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello Members,

I have a question regarding date mismatch in business bank statement and personal bank statement regarding one dividend payment. Details are:

1. declared dividend of X amount on 21 Feb 2012 and issued cheque from business bank account on same day
2. dividend voucher is dated 21 Feb 2012 and date of payment is also 21 Feb 2012 because cheque was issued on that day
3. deposited this dividend cheque on 21 Feb 2012 to my personal account.
4. Money transfered from my business bank account on 23 Feb 2012 due to normal bank processing lead time
5. Accountant letter has dividend payment date as 23 Feb because money was debited from business account that day

So in summary dates are as follow

- My personal bank account shows transaction on 21 Feb
- Dividend voucher shows payment date as 21 Feb (also stamped and signed by accountant)
- Business bank statemnt shows transaction on 23 Feb
- Accountant letter shows payment date as 23 Feb

Question:

I can't change the date on dividend voucher payment date because cheque was issed and deposited on 21 Feb. Do you see any issue with this slight date mismatch?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS: I already searched the earlier posts but couldn't find much information.

Thanks
Techie

navneek
Newly Registered

Post by navneek » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 am

I have a question for you, I can understand that You issued a cheque for a transaction from your business account to personal account and deposited the cheque in bank. The actual money is debited from your business account on 23 Feb and money can only be credited into your personal acc on after 23 Feb. I am wondering how your personal acc statment shows the 21st Feb as credit date??

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 am

This is because personal bank statement only shows the cheque deposit date and hence date of credit.

This practice is followed by at least HSBC and Lloyds TSB banks.
Techie

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:48 am

On your personal bank account, 21st Feb is when you presented the check for deposit. So the date shown is correct, although fund would not have been available to you before clearance.

On you business account, 23rd Feb is when the funds cleared. The business account would not have seen the check/request on 21st due to the check clearing cycle/process.

Do not worry about those dates, pretty normal.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 am

I dont know whats the issue here ??????????

As long as the divident payment in to you personal bank account from your business bank account matches with the dividend voucher, there is no need to worry.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:58 pm

You could also put a note in your covering letter explaining that the payments were made by cheque and the info you have given in your posts. I think because the dates are close there shouldn't be an issue, but if the caseworker is having a bad day it wouldn't hurt to have the explanation in a covering letter.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks very much everyone for your response. I am feeling much better now.
Techie