ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 sponsor licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Sussex, Any luck on trying to reach out the UKBA and following up?

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Still awaiting so not yet.

hello world
Newly Registered

increase in number of sponsors

Post by hello world » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:24 pm

I see that number of sponsors are increasing each day.. which shows that they are at-least still issuing license.
Yesterday it was 25,451 and when I checked it tonight it has moved upto 25,467. So 16 licenses in one day granted. Hopefully it moves much quicker and they start processing applications made in Aug, Sep and Oct.

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:46 pm

yeah i've been monitoring the register of sponsors as well. Hopefully they get to may applications cause that's when my company applied. :o

hello world
Newly Registered

License Counts

Post by hello world » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:21 am

So on 18th October, they issued 13 licenses in total. Because the count at the day end was 25,480 which was 25,467 on 17th October.
Yes, I hope they come to May soon and then start processing applications made in a month in 2 weeks.. :)

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:19 pm

24487- 7 more than yesterday. Anyone on this forum received their licence over the last few days?

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:30 pm

sussexguy wrote:24487- 7 more than yesterday. Anyone on this forum received their licence over the last few days?
you mean 25487

Asim3210
Newly Registered

Update

Post by Asim3210 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Guys, Just to update you about my company sponsor application. We applied for the Tier2 Sponsor License on 17/04/2012 and we received email and a phone call from the lady on 18/10/2012 (exactly after 6 months). She asked us to provide the original documents. We sent copy of some of the documents signed by the Solicitors and they rejected those copies. They asked my director to provide the original documents within 10 days. We are arranging for the original documents now.
They also have asked the copy of my visa expiry with the original documents which we will send with the original. I believe they asked my passport copy to see the expiry date of my visa to prioritise accordingly.

i hope this information will help you all.

I have few questions about my visa application.
will my company have to apply online for Unrestricted COS seperately?
what other information/letters i require from my employer?
Please do let me know if there is any other information which can help me to complete my application form

I will appreciate your suggestions.

Asim

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 am

hashmil wrote:
sussexguy wrote:24487- 7 more than yesterday. Anyone on this forum received their licence over the last few days?
you mean 25487
My bad- that's correct!

sussexguy

Re: Update

Post by sussexguy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:57 am

Asim3210 wrote:Hi Guys, Just to update you about my company sponsor application. We applied for the Tier2 Sponsor License on 17/04/2012 and we received email and a phone call from the lady on 18/10/2012 (exactly after 6 months). She asked us to provide the original documents. We sent copy of some of the documents signed by the Solicitors and they rejected those copies. They asked my director to provide the original documents within 10 days. We are arranging for the original documents now.
They also have asked the copy of my visa expiry with the original documents which we will send with the original. I believe they asked my passport copy to see the expiry date of my visa to prioritise accordingly.

i hope this information will help you all.

I have few questions about my visa application.
will my company have to apply online for Unrestricted COS seperately?
what other information/letters i require from my employer?
Please do let me know if there is any other information which can help me to complete my application form

I will appreciate your suggestions.

Asim
Congratulations Asim. I am glad to see someone over here heading towards completion. I think my employers applied on the 24/04/2012. Please update us on your progress. And, I don't know the answer to your key question (CoS one). I do think our experts will inform us on this soon. Did you use a solicitor for the sponsorship application?

MsBubu
Newly Registered

Post by MsBubu » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:06 am

I wanted to post earlier but didnt have anything to share:( As most people here, my employer called them a few time to check where UKBA was in the process of according licences, with contradictory answers every time.

But today I got news that my employers licence application will be treated as urgent. They did the application on May 29th. Like with a few people here who are in this stage if the process, they asked my employers to send some documents that where already sent back in Spring. So there are now sending it back, before the end if the month otherwise it will be rejected.

Hopefully this sheds light to some of your concerns, and I do keep my fingers crossed for the rest of the process as well as the rest of you:)

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 am

MsBubu wrote:I wanted to post earlier but didnt have anything to share:( As most people here, my employer called them a few time to check where UKBA was in the process of according licences, with contradictory answers every time.

But today I got news that my employers licence application will be treated as urgent. They did the application on May 29th. Like with a few people here who are in this stage if the process, they asked my employers to send some documents that where already sent back in Spring. So there are now sending it back, before the end if the month otherwise it will be rejected.

Hopefully this sheds light to some of your concerns, and I do keep my fingers crossed for the rest of the process as well as the rest of you:)
Make sure you have all documents, and make sure they are originals or certified (according to the guidelines). double, triple check it. If you make even a small error here they WILL refuse it.

MsBubu
Newly Registered

Post by MsBubu » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks hashmil, i believe they did it properly.

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:55 am

MsBubu wrote:I wanted to post earlier but didnt have anything to share:( As most people here, my employer called them a few time to check where UKBA was in the process of according licences, with contradictory answers every time.

Are they treating your case as urgent because your VISA is expiring soon? When did your company initially apply?

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi,

Can anyone pls let me know how can i get update on my sponsorship licence application?? The contact person as listed by my employer is on vaccation. can i mail/phone UKBA to get status update????
Cheers!!
Simi

Asim3210
Newly Registered

Post by Asim3210 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:38 am

[quote="SimiP"]Hi,

Can anyone pls let me know how can i get update on my sponsorship licence application?? The contact person as listed by my employer is on vaccation. can i mail/phone UKBA to get status update????[/quote

Hi, You cant contact them directly as you are not the authorised person.

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:48 am

Thanks Asim!!!

I guess i have to only wait then.........the long wait is really gonna be killing!!!!!!!! I have my visa expiry date end of dec and we applied in 1st week of august and no response yet!!!!!

Is the only option to wait for 10 days before my visa expires and get things pushing in those 10 days??? :( :(
Cheers!!
Simi

MsBubu
Newly Registered

Post by MsBubu » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Are they treating your case as urgent because your VISA is expiring soon? When did your company initially apply?

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier.

No, my visa expired last May, and that's when my office did the application. I was on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme back then,

But good news is, last Monday (October 29th), we got confirmation that the office is now licensed :) So I can finally apply for my visa!

Good luck all, don't despair!

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi,

Congrats on your progress!!!

Presently I have not requested them to treat it as urgent as they mention that urgent treatment will only be granted if you have 10 days left for visa to expire. We applied in the 1st week of August!!!

Was your case of a new sponsorship licence application or just CoS???

Good Luck!!!
Cheers!!
Simi

MsBubu
Newly Registered

Post by MsBubu » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:06 am

SimiP wrote:
Was your case of a new sponsorship licence application or just CoS???

Good Luck!!!
Yes, it was a new license application.

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:59 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!!!

I am a bit confused. As mentioned, your visa expired in May. But you have got the licence recently in the month of October, that means after 5 months of your visa expired??? How did you then manage to stay back in the country for 5 months.....

Can you please clarify and also give me some details on the process that was followed to get the licence asap!!!! Mine is due to expire in the next month..that's y am a bit concerned!!!
Cheers!!
Simi

MsBubu
Newly Registered

Post by MsBubu » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:38 pm

SimiP wrote:Hi,

I am a bit confused. As mentioned, your visa expired in May. But you have got the licence recently in the month of October, that means after 5 months of your visa expired??? How did you then manage to stay back in the country for 5 months.....

Can you please clarify and also give me some details on the process that was followed to get the licence asap!!!! Mine is due to expire in the next month..that's y am a bit concerned!!!
Hello!

Well, I didn't stay in the UK, I went (still am) back home. It was nerve-racking to say the least.

I was originally in the UK on a Youth Mobility Scheme visa. I was supposed to apply as a dependant under my then partner application, but we broke up a few months before the expiry of my visa. I then had to ask my employer for a sponsorship. They had to do the labour market test. Which means they tried to fill my position with someone in the UK, posting ads in trade newspapers and the governement boards. Since nobody that applied were qualified to do the job, they were able to ask for a sponsorhip licence.

After a 4-week period (where no suitable applicant was found) they submitted their licence application and proofs. They recently got the licence to grant me a sponsorship.

I got a certificate number, which means I can now apply to get a visa. That's the stage I am at right now.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you need more info. :)

hannah400
Newly Registered

Post by hannah400 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:36 am

Has anyone whose company applied for their license in August had any progress?

My company applied for their license on 1 August 2012 and it hasn't been approved yet. My visa expired months ago (i was on the youth mobility visa) so I had to return to my country (NZ) and am sitting here waiting for their license to be approved so I can go back to my job!

Would appreciate any update on progress from others.

Also where do I find the list of registered companies???

Thanks so much

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 am

hannah400 wrote:Has anyone whose company applied for their license in August had any progress?

My company applied for their license on 1 August 2012 and it hasn't been approved yet. My visa expired months ago (i was on the youth mobility visa) so I had to return to my country (NZ) and am sitting here waiting for their license to be approved so I can go back to my job!

Would appreciate any update on progress from others.

Also where do I find the list of registered companies???
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofsponsors - the list is changing daily
Thanks so much
[/

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:17 am

My company applied Mid August and I am still waiting as well :(