ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) Dependant Apply Separately: maintanance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiramisuvv
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (G) Dependant Apply Separately: maintanance funds

Post by tiramisuvv » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to apply my Tier 1general extension. And my wife if going to apply as Tier 1 Dependent later after I successfully get the visa. Because my bank statement can only prove more than £900 in consecutive 90 days, but less than £1500 for both of us.

So the question is, (after I get the visa and before my wife's visa expires) my bank account can still provide £600<Funds<£1500, which is enough for my wife but not enough for both of us. Is it a problem to provide the same documents provided before from main applicant to UKBA? Any case of refusal within the similar situation?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Dependant's maintenance is in addition to what they main applicants need to support themselves regardless of whether you are applying together or separately.

Essentially you are trying to "double-count" the money which isn't allowed.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:32 pm

I think as per thisyou do not need to show fund for both as you are not applying at same time.
which essentially means that, as per law, the principal migrant needs to show maintenance funds for himself / herself only when he is a named applicant. Conversely, if the dependant is applying for leave to enter or remain separately then there is no need to show evidence of 900 pounds (for the main migrant) in addition to the 1800/600 pounds for each dependant.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Appendix E wrote: (l) Where the application is one of a number of applications made at the same time as a partner or child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant (as set out in paragraphs 319A and 319F) each applicant, including the Relevant Points Based System Migrant if applying at the same time, must have the total requisite funds specified in the relevant parts of appendices C and E. if each applicant does not individually meet the requirements of appendices C and / or E, as appropriate, all the applications (the application by the Relevant Points Based System Migrant and applications as the partner or child of that Relevant Points Based System Migrant) will be refused.
The quote by madhumesh states what the case is when people apply separately. You still cannot use the same funds to prove maintenance requirements for several applicants. It's simply saying that if there's a separate account with enough funds for a dependant, then that would satisfy the requirement, the dependant do not need to prove the full amount. It does not say that you can double-count the same money.

tiramisuvv
Newly Registered

Post by tiramisuvv » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:27 am

mulderpf wrote: The quote by madhumesh states what the case is when people apply separately. You still cannot use the same funds to prove maintenance requirements for several applicants. It's simply saying that if there's a separate account with enough funds for a dependant, then that would satisfy the requirement, the dependant do not need to prove the full amount. It does not say that you can double-count the same money.
Thanks for your reply. The question is my wife's account has enough fund for herself but not enough for 90 days :( so the best choice for her now is to go back to our country and wait for the funds to meet the 90 days requirement. And apply to leave to enter UK as Tier 1 (G) dependant.