ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualifying period

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

planner82
Newly Registered

Qualifying period

Post by planner82 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:33 am

Hello there
I apologise beforehand if this topic has been discussed before but I couldn't find the specific answer and hence the reason for my new topic.

I want to know if I qualify for the BC. There is an explanation on HO website but I am not sure if I really understand.

a. I arrived in the UK in Sep 2004 on a student visa.
b. Then in June 2008 I obtained a work permit.
c. I then married my partner who is a british citizen and obtained a spousal visa in July 2010 and subsequently, in November 2012 I have obtained an ILR.

I would like to know whether I qualify for the BC now or after November 2013. Thank you.

Regards

A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm

You can apply now as the spouse of a BC which is 3 years residential qualifying time as long as your absences are within the limits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Qualifying period

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm

planner82 wrote:Hello there
I apologise beforehand if this topic has been discussed before but I couldn't find the specific answer and hence the reason for my new topic.

I want to know if I qualify for the BC. There is an explanation on HO website but I am not sure if I really understand.

a. I arrived in the UK in Sep 2004 on a student visa.
b. Then in June 2008 I obtained a work permit.
c. I then married my partner who is a british citizen and obtained a spousal visa in July 2010 and subsequently, in November 2012 I have obtained an ILR.

I would like to know whether I qualify for the BC now or after November 2013. Thank you.

Regards

A
you qualify to apply 'now' under spouse of a BC category. The requirement is 3 years and you should be free from immigration restrictions (ILR/PR) at the time of the application.