ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife refused to submit application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Skodyn
Newly Registered

Wife refused to submit application

Post by Skodyn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 pm

My wife attended her second appointment for a settlement visa application this morning.
Everything seemed to go fine at first, then they told her that x y and z pages were missing, nothing specific and was only told this verbally, and she has no idea what could (if anything) be missing.
Unbelievably she was then sent away and still has the copy of her online application and all the documents of evidence.
It sounds to me like she was just sent away for no good reason. Having paid her application fee, should they not have accepted her submission and made a decision on the documents she has supplied? Now she still has her application and all documents with no idea what to do next.
Please could someone help advise, I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have, thank you.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Where did this occur.did she have an appointment booked in to hand in her application?. What if any docs were missing?. Seems strange, as the handling agents should accept what you hand in . The onus is on you to make sure your application is complete

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Wife refused to submit application

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Skodyn wrote: Everything seemed to go fine at first, then they told her that x y and z pages were missing, nothing specific
That sounds specific to me! However, your hearsay account of what your wife told you has happened can't be considered as something that could invite exacting comments. They told her pages x,y z (presumably citing the actual page numbers as pages are numbered rather than assigned letters) were missing from the print-out of the form (previously submitted on-line). How did you wife react to this? Did she challenge their opinion and show them the complete application, or what? They can't take an incomplete application form so you have to find out who was wrong; the VAC or your wife.

Skodyn
Newly Registered

Post by Skodyn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Thanks, this occured in Freetown, Sierra Leone. She had booked her appointment to hand in her application. The online application was made by our lawyer and I thoroughly checked it myself before sending it to her, so it seems very strange to me.
They appeared to be specific with page numbers, but I've checked my copy and there is 8 pages to the online copy, and they were talking to her about 1 to 14 something which made no sense to me.
Anyway, luckily she is in the process of speaking to them this afternoon to get a more complete answer as to why they believe it is incomplete, and I hope to speak with her later to see how she got on.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Perhaps they are referring to appendix 2 on this page?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/

Skodyn
Newly Registered

Post by Skodyn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Greenie wrote:Perhaps they are referring to appendix 2 on this page?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/
It does sound like that, but the lawyer included an excemption from the financial requirement due to my health and all the required information and evidence of my DLA along with a covering letter, I have a copy on my pc.
I think it may be best to let the lawyer decide how to now proceed after I have explained this.
Thank you for your help

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:15 pm

You still need to complete the appendix if you are in receipt of DLA, you just complete section 4 instead of section 3. See question 3.1