ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can you stay in th UK if you've submitted your docs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ann22

How long can you stay in th UK if you've submitted your docs

Post by Ann22 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Guys, I know, I'm annoying........but pleaseplease please....help me if you heard about that:
My current visa expires in 10 days.
I submitted online form and paid for tier 2 general today ( switching from tier 4)
Tomorrow I'll post all documents to UKBA.

Following the topic "In country application times" i'm so so worried now as to what should I do if I send my passport to them, but not receive any answer before my visa expires?
I read that you can stay for 28 days given they have your documents, but what if they refuse you - will they give me what - a day to leave?

THANK you THANK YOU

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: How long can you stay in th UK if you've submitted your

Post by physicskate » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Ann22 wrote:Guys, I know, I'm annoying........but pleaseplease please....help me if you heard about that:
My current visa expires in 10 days.
I submitted online form and paid for tier 2 general today ( switching from tier 4)
Tomorrow I'll post all documents to UKBA.

Following the topic "In country application times" i'm so so worried now as to what should I do if I send my passport to them, but not receive any answer before my visa expires?
I read that you can stay for 28 days given they have your documents, but what if they refuse you - will they give me what - a day to leave?

THANK you THANK YOU

They will have your passport. It will not be possible for you to leave.

The conditions of your current stay are extended while they are making a decision...