ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rules for ILR Page 6(Absences)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lovelyangel
Newly Registered

New Rules for ILR Page 6(Absences)

Post by lovelyangel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Dear All

I am on tier-1 due for ilr next year april. The new form says on page 6 to provide deitals for absences from UK. I have been away for holidays to see my family in india for roughly 60 days in the last 4 years (never more than 33 days in a year stretch).

My query is it mandatory for me to provide an evidence for the a/l / holidays even i am in a continous employment. If yes what evidence can i provide to satisfy this requirement .

Kind Regards

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: New Rules for ILR Page 6(Absences)

Post by pkumar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Last edited by pkumar on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 pm

lovelyangel wrote:Dear All

I am on tier-1 due for ilr next year april. The new form says on page 6 to provide deitals for absences from UK. I have been away for holidays to see my family in india for roughly 60 days in the last 4 years (never more than 33 days in a year stretch).

My query is it mandatory for me to provide an evidence for the a/l / holidays even i am in a continous employment. If yes what evidence can i provide to satisfy this requirement .

Kind Regards
@Lovelyangel,

You just have to put the dates and reason Holiday or Family.

Date you left UK and the date you came back, for each visit.

No evidence required.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Post by malepiscean » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:25 pm

lovelyangel wrote:My query is it mandatory for me to provide an evidence for the a/l / holidays even i am in a continous employment. If yes what evidence can i provide to satisfy this requirement.
You will be better off creating a list of absences (containing departure, arrival dates, destination, purpose of travel, and duration in days). The immigration stamps in your passport are usually the best evidence to corroborate your travels.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:56 am

lovelyangel wrote:I am on tier-1 due for ilr next year april. The new form says on page 6 to provide deitals for absences from UK. I have been away for holidays to see my family in india for roughly 60 days in the last 4 years (never more than 33 days in a year stretch).

My query is it mandatory for me to provide an evidence for the a/l / holidays even i am in a continous employment. If yes what evidence can i provide to satisfy this requirement.
If these holidays were all taken as paid annual leave then all you need to do is list them in the form with the reason for each absence. No evidence or employer letter is required, as you are applying as a Tier 1 G migrant.

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:51 am

No evidence required if they fall under your paid / annual leave (same as said by others)

gaia13
Newly Registered

Post by gaia13 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:49 pm

What if the absence is unpaid leave though? All of my leave has been unpaid. I have had continuous employment while in the UK (arrived Entry Clearance/Arrival on the 1st July 2008 and commenced working on 11th August 2008). I have been continually "employed" through a recruitment agency and through my own limited company on a 3 month rolling contract since that time. However my annual leave is not paid and i dont have a set amount of annual leave per year. I can (to an extent) take as much annual leave as i like i just dont get paid for when i dont work. Same for sick leave etc. Does this make a difference?

lovelyangel
Newly Registered

Post by lovelyangel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:03 am

I am really thankful to all you for your guidance and replies.

Kind Regards

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:45 pm

hi
i took 2 months in feb08 and 2.5 months in april12. so nearly 5.5 months in 5 years.

i am on tier1 general. i am due in Feb13.

do i need to show some proff. or just write dates and reason... holidays, family.

your help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

nabeelfarid
Newly Registered

Post by nabeelfarid » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 pm

I have the same scenario as mentioned by "gaia13" above. Any update on it?