ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How old the documents can be ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitaprajna

How old the documents can be ?

Post by stitaprajna » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:43 pm

I will be applying for a dependent visa as a spouse.
My partner will be here 2 weeks before wedding and we will be applying for marriage registration certificate after the wedding which we may get in 2-3 weeks after the wedding.
She is planning to get all the documents like salary slips, bank statements
before she leaves to India. So, once she leaves from UK, it will be 4 to 5 weeks before I can apply for UK Visa.
I want to know if I can provide the bank statement etc. of my spouse which are a month old? How old these documents can be ? Can some one point me to the visa docs/FAQ sections explaining this?

Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

Any updates?

Post by stitaprajna » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:23 am

I have my wife's documents like Bank statements, phone, utility bills etc. till Dec 2012.
If I am applying online around March 15th, should I submit the Jan and Feb month docs also?

Will the scan copies do (I can just ask her to email them)?
Otherwise I may have to ask for her to courier them which might add one more week of delay.

Please suggest.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:10 pm

It is better to be as current as possible. If applying in March then statements from February going back 6 months. If you leave gaps they may ask for these later. The above applies to payslips as well. Also letters from accounts paid at your UK address should also be current. When your spouse arrives in the UK add her name to official documents like council tax. This will show she is now living with you. You'll need to show proof you live together in future applications.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

desmortess

Re: Any updates?

Post by desmortess » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:50 am

stitaprajna wrote:I have my wife's documents like Bank statements, phone, utility bills etc. till Dec 2012.
If I am applying online around March 15th, should I submit the Jan and Feb month docs also?

Will the scan copies do (I can just ask her to email them)?
Otherwise I may have to ask for her to courier them which might add one more week of delay.

Please suggest.
Your SPONSORS BANK STATEMENTS AND PAYSLIPS "must" be within one month as per the NEW RULES which come in effect DEC 12.
So take precautions.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:54 am

No, original copies must be submitted. Also submit copies and index and label everything.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)