ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost tier 1 extension application ref no letter -pls help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vidya

lost tier 1 extension application ref no letter -pls help

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:56 pm

hello everyone

i applied via post for tier 1 extension last week of september , subsequently got the reference no letter and then later the biometric appt letter - gave our biometrics last week of october per the letter - i am trying to find the ref no letter now as our visa ends feb 12th and we still havent got our BRP or passports back - my contract at work ended last month and i am at home , cant seek employment till visa result - my husband office today have asked him for proof that application was filed as they are worried that visa ends in mid feb and whether they need to release him before that etc .....

1) can someone pls tell me what number to call or fax on to ask them the status and request expedition

2) since my ref no letter is lost , can i just mention the passport number on that letter , will they be able to track it via that mode or will i have addl problems with them cos of the missing letter

we are totally panicked in our current situation that we wont know the visa result until maybe after the current visa has expired ....i knew the average processing time is 3+ months but still i was thinking that applying end september would be adequate time to get the result by end dec or early jan .....:(...please share ur thoughts and advice, much appreciated, thanks

Jibo

Post by Jibo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Your husband can give a copy of his biometrics letter because each dependant has a letter with his name on the letter and the date the biometrics was done because the post office normally stick a paper with the date on it.
Also on the biometrics letter, you have a case number which i think is sufficient but next time you should try to open a file for sensitive documents like this