ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visitor visa help pleaseeee

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Filly
Newly Registered

General visitor visa help pleaseeee

Post by Filly » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi, could someone offer me some advice. My bf is planning to visit uk on the 29th april for 9 days from morocco. I will be supporting his stay completely and have paid for his flights. When he goes for his appointment interview, will he still need to show he has money to support his stay here for 9 days? He has employment to return to and i will write and support with bank statements etc ? I have been told it would be better for us if we were engaged?Any advice ? thank you

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:38 pm

There is no interview. He will attend the visa application centre, submit himself to biometrics, hand over his application form and supporting evidence, and that is all there is to it.

Filly
Newly Registered

Post by Filly » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 pm

ok, thank you for reply so quickly. In his supporting evidence, will he need to show he can support himself financially for the 9 days or will my offer of support be enough? I have heard so many different things such as must earn over £500.00 a month or have 10,000MAD saved etc..its all very confusing. If im offering to support him for 9 days, does he still need to show his own savings? thank you

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:54 pm

It does not matter who is paying the costs for the visit as long as it's evidenced in the application.

Filly
Newly Registered

Post by Filly » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm

thank you :D

amitabh.c12
Newly Registered

General Visitor visa rejection for Mother in Law

Post by amitabh.c12 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi,

I had applied for a general visitor visa for my mother in law which has got rejected. My current visa ICT T 2 is expiring in August 2014.However same is under extension and I expect to receive my Biometric card by end of August. As my visa was expiring in August and I wanted my mother in law to visit us in July, I had provided the documents of my Brother in Law as the invitee.He has a UK ILR and he had shown my mother in law as his aunt . Please find attached the rejection reasons in the attachment.

My questions:

a) Is there a cooling off period after application rejection before I can reapply again?

1. Can my brother in law invite my mother in law as his aunt?

One of the rejection points was: You state that you wish the visit the UK for a period of 6months,although you have failed to provide any justification or your plans for wanting to go and remain in the UK for 6months,considering your commitment in the country of habitual stay,no matter how little

2. Considering the above rejection reason, is visiting a relative for a period of 6months too long considering that the relative is not a direct relation? Is that a strong ground for rejection?

3. If we re-apply again the reduce the period of requested stay to 2 months, will that again create an issue saying there is a discrepancy between your earlier form and current form?

4. I intend to draft a covering letter alongwith the application form. In that, do I need to put down the rejection reasons and put in a justification against each point?

Please help urgently as i need to reapply again