ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on HSMP ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jonbrager
Newly Registered

Question on HSMP ILR

Post by jonbrager » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi guys, I've searched for my answer before posting this but couldn't seem to find it. Need some advice.

I received the HSMP on 21-Dec-07

Entered the UK on 2-Mar-08

Extended my stay by converting to Tier 1 (General) on 10-Mar-10

Plan on applying for ILR this Feb/Mar.

Questions:
1. At the start of Section 3 of the SET(O) application, you need to tick scheme I am applying under. I am unsure which one I should tick. Here are my options:
In section A:
- Tier 1 (General) migrant (excluding applicants applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document)
In section B:
- Highly skilled migrant

I initially entered the UK under the HSMP but am now a Tier 1 (General). So which one should I tick?

2. Looks like I am about 10 days over the 180 cumulative days outside the UK. The vast majority of my days are simple holiday days as part of my 25 annual days paid leave from my job. i.e. I doubt they qualify as compassionate grounds, etc. Am I just out of luck? Or do the case workers show leniency on this? Also, it seems like the rules for this just changed. But it still doesn't seem clear to me. Any consensus on what this change means?

Thanks guys!!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 pm

1.tier 1 general

2. Without you giving dates and order of events, no one here would want to guess what you are talking about.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.