ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Contracting (or Trading) Mandatory while applying visa ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vc555

Is Contracting (or Trading) Mandatory while applying visa ?

Post by vc555 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi all,

I am on PSW, planing to apply Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa soon,

i would like to know, is contracting Necessary for applying ? or just a Registered Business( as Director) and 50K is enough to apply visa !

As i have seen in policy guidance states (117. You must also provide one or more contracts showing trading)

What happen, if i didn't start any trading, but just opened a IT business?

Please advice me,

Thank you.

vc555

Re: Is Contracting (or Trading) Mandatory while applying vis

Post by vc555 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 pm

vc555 wrote:Hi all,

i would like to know, is contracting Necessary for applying ? or just a Registered Business( as Director) and 50K is enough to apply visa !

As i have seen in policy guidance states (117. You must also provide one or more contracts showing trading)

Please advice me,

Thank you.
Any answers regarding this topic please ..?

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Please advice me,

Thank you.
Hi

You have to provide a contract otherwise your application can be refused.

Regards
Shaukat

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 am

Yes Contract is Mandatory and you have to show one contract of Trading if not than possible refusal

regards
Rehan

vc555

Post by vc555 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:05 pm

rehan01 wrote:Yes Contract is Mandatory and you have to show one contract of Trading if not than possible refusal

regards
Rehan

Thank you smehmood & rehan01 for kind info.

vc555

Post by vc555 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:13 pm

smehmood wrote:

Please advice me,

Thank you.
Hi

You have to provide a contract otherwise your application can be refused.

Regards
Hi,

I had read the policy guidance again.

It mentioned (117 to provide contract) under the 'Evidence of graduate level occupation' section,

so this means for Graduate Entrepreneur ?, not for a PSW holder !!,

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi,

"Evidence of Graduate Level Occupation."

you need to read the policy guidance once again please.

114. You should use this for your initial application under section d (see the attributes table for initial applicants).

115. You must show that you have been working in an occupation which appears on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above, as stated in the Codes of Practice on our website. “Working” in this context means that the core service your
business provides to its customers or clients involves the business delivering a service in an occupation at this level. It excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website functions for the business.

116. You must provide the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code of the occupation that you are working in, and confirm that this appears on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above, as stated in the Codes of Practice.

More information on selecting this occupation is given on our website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e2012-cop/.

To find the relevant code of practice for your occupation, you must first identify the SOC code that most closely matches your work (other than the work that you do to administer your business).

You must also check that this SOC code is listed in the Codes of Practice as being skilled to at least NQF level 4. The SOC codes are published by the Office for National Statistics. Please do not ask us to match a job title or a job description to a SOC code for you, you must make
this decision based on your own duties and responsibilities.

117. You must confirm your business activity and that you are trading.
Business activity You must provide one or more documents from the following list to confirm your business activity:

• Advertising or marketing material that has been published locally or nationally, showing your name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity. This can include printouts of internet advertising;

• Article(s) in a newspaper or other publication showing your name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity.

This can include an online link to the publication;

• Information from a trade fair(s) that you have had a stand or given a presentation to market your business. This must show your name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity;

• Personal registration with a trade’s body linked to your occupation.

AND

Trading activity
You must also provide one or more contracts showing trading. We will accept original documents or copies, but if it is a copy you must sign each page of the contract.

The contract must show:
• Your name and the name of the business;
• the service provided by your business; and
• the name of the other party/parties involved in the contract and their Contact details.

These must include their full address including postal code, landline phone number and any email address.

From 118: Employment Creation back to extension application.

hope it help

regards

Rehan

Raj5

Contract as a teacher

Post by Raj5 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:05 am

What kind of a contract be provided if one is carrying out activity as a teacher? I understand that only invoices can be provided which were issued to the students.

hey

Post by hey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:19 am

rehan01 wrote:Hi,

"Evidence of Graduate Level Occupation."

you need to read the policy guidance once again please.

114. You should use this for your initial application under section d (see the attributes table for initial applicants).

115. You must show that you have been working in an occupation which appears on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above, as stated in the Codes of Practice on our website. “Working” in this context means that the core service your
business provides to its customers or clients involves the business delivering a service in an occupation at this level. It excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website functions for the business.

116. You must provide the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code of the occupation that you are working in, and confirm that this appears on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above, as stated in the Codes of Practice.

More information on selecting this occupation is given on our website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e2012-cop/.

To find the relevant code of practice for your occupation, you must first identify the SOC code that most closely matches your work (other than the work that you do to administer your business).

You must also check that this SOC code is listed in the Codes of Practice as being skilled to at least NQF level 4. The SOC codes are published by the Office for National Statistics. Please do not ask us to match a job title or a job description to a SOC code for you, you must make
this decision based on your own duties and responsibilities.

117. You must confirm your business activity and that you are trading.
Business activity You must provide one or more documents from the following list to confirm your business activity:

• Advertising or marketing material that has been published locally or nationally, showing your name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity. This can include printouts of internet advertising;

• Article(s) in a newspaper or other publication showing your name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity.

This can include an online link to the publication;

• Information from a trade fair(s) that you have had a stand or given a presentation to market your business. This must show your name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity;

• Personal registration with a trade’s body linked to your occupation.

AND

Trading activity
You must also provide one or more contracts showing trading. We will accept original documents or copies, but if it is a copy you must sign each page of the contract.

The contract must show:
• Your name and the name of the business;
• the service provided by your business; and
• the name of the other party/parties involved in the contract and their Contact details.

These must include their full address including postal code, landline phone number and any email address.

From 118: Employment Creation back to extension application.

hope it help

regards

Rehan
Hi rehan,

can you tell me level 4 occupation also has to match our education/Qualification?

Thanks