ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Story on EEA4 Application not yet a success but will soon be

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobbe
Newly Registered

Story on EEA4 Application not yet a success but will soon be

Post by bobbe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:21 am

Applied in June 2012
COA received July 2012
PR FOR EEA3 AND 4 STILL PENDING

Informed local MP and she sent a letter to HO which I have a copy of but no response from HO

I sent the Chief Executive UK Border Agency an email and copied ED Miliband, Minister Of Immigration, and my Local MP

Although I have not received a response yet but I am still hoping.

Below is how I sent my email and anyone in the same situation as me could do the same.

Dear Mr Whiteman,
Home Office Reference Number: xxxxxxxxxx
I am writing to complain about the application I made to UKBA on the (date) for a permanent residence card (EEA4) as a family member of an EEA national.

My passport, my husband’s passport, our marriage certificate, as well as 5 years proof to show that my husband has exercised his right as an EEA national in the UK where documents we sent to the UKBA. Presently my application is over seven months and the certificate of application I received from the Home office dated the (date) states that my application for EEA4 was received on the (date) and will be dealt with within 6 months. Although I made an effort to enquire about my application when it exceeded 6 months via email and phone but got no positive response from the UKBA team. I also informed my Local MP who wrote a letter to the home office and till date no response from the UKBA

Hence I decided to send you this email and will appreciate an explanation why my application has taking longer than the specified date (dat). I do understand that some applications are complicated and require longer time to process. However I fail to understand why a genuine application like mine as well as legitimate documentation to support the application should take longer than the specified estimated time.

Furthermore the delay by the home office is causing my self and my family distress. Also my family and I cannot not make any travel arrangement and neither I can I continue to exercise my right as a family member of an EEA national. Therefore I have copied my local MP, ED Miliband and the present minister of immigration Mark Harper to ensure that this present predicament can be looked into as soon as possible.
Yours Sincerely

My Name

I hope that this procedure could benefit anyone in similar situation as me.
Please feel free to send your views and advice on how this situation could be handled.

Thanks

Vinnie21

Re: Story on EEA4 Application not yet a success but will soo

Post by Vinnie21 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Nice letter very pro however did u know u can sue the and get compensation for delay ur documents a nice lawyer will send the a fax they have to reply to him and does ur partner has permanent residency?

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 pm

bobbe wrote:Applied in June 2012
COA received July 2012

Informed local MP and she sent a letter to HO which I have a copy of but no response from HO

I sent the Chief Executive UK Border Agency an email and copied ED Miliband, Minister Of Immigration, and my Local MP

Below is how I sent my email and anyone in the same situation as me could do the same.

Dear Mr Whiteman,
I am writing to complain about the application I made to UKBA on the (date) for a permanent residence card (EEA4) as a family member of an EEA national.

My passport, my husband’s passport, our marriage certificate, as well as 5 years proof to show that my husband has exercised his right as an EEA national in the UK where documents we sent to the UKBA. Presently my application is over seven months and the certificate of application I received from the Home office dated the (date) states that my application for EEA4 was received on the (date) and will be dealt with within 6 months. Although I made an effort to enquire about my application when it exceeded 6 months via email and phone but got no positive response from the UKBA team. I also informed my Local MP who wrote a letter to the home office and till date no response from the UKBA

Hence I decided to send you this email and will appreciate an explanation why my application has taking longer than the specified date (dat). I do understand that some applications are complicated and require longer time to process. However I fail to understand why a genuine application like mine as well as legitimate documentation to support the application should take longer than the specified estimated time.

Furthermore the delay by the home office is causing my self and my family distress. Also my family and I cannot not make any travel arrangement and neither I can I continue to exercise my right as a family member of an EEA national. Therefore I have copied my local MP, ED Miliband and the present minister of immigration Mark Harper to ensure that this present predicament can be looked into as soon as possible.
Yours Sincerely

My Name

Please feel free to send your views and advice on how this situation could be handled.

Thanks
Hey, nice ;) very demanding. What email address did you use I'm having the same situation and mine is 11 months!!
Thanks in advance and good luck with it, do update us please.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

bobbe
Newly Registered

Post by bobbe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:46 pm

[quote="Vinnie21"]Nice letter very pro however did u know u can sue the and get compensation for delay ur documents a nice lawyer will send the a fax they have to reply to him and does ur partner has permanent residency?[/quote]

He has not got his as well. Just the COA for me alone.

bobbe
Newly Registered

Post by bobbe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 pm

[quote="bobbe"][quote="Vinnie21"]Nice letter very pro however did u know u can sue the and get compensation for delay ur documents a nice lawyer will send the a fax they have to reply to him and does ur partner has permanent residency?[/quote]

He has not got his as well. Just the COA for me alone.[/quote]

@spike_ukrob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk ; ed.miliband.mp@parliament.uk; mark.harper.mp@parliament.uk minister of immigration and your local MP's email address. You can get that online. I hope this information meets ur enquiry.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:33 am

bobbe wrote:
bobbe wrote:
Vinnie21 wrote:Nice letter very pro however did u know u can sue the and get compensation for delay ur documents a nice lawyer will send the a fax they have to reply to him and does ur partner has permanent residency?

@spike_ukrob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk ; ed.miliband.mp@parliament.uk; mark.harper.mp@parliament.uk minister of immigration and your local MP's email address. You can get that online. I hope this information meets ur enquiry.
Thanks a lot but is that one start with rob.whiteman@homeoffice or just whiteman@homeoffice and who are these people? rob.whiteman, ed.miliband, mark.harper? and indeed who is minister of immigration? :)
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

bobbe
Newly Registered

Post by bobbe » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:57 am

[quote="spike_UK"][quote="bobbe"][quote="bobbe"][quote="Vinnie21"]Nice letter very pro however did u know u can sue the and get compensation for delay ur documents a nice lawyer will send the a fax they have to reply to him and does ur partner has permanent residency?[/quote]

He has not got his as well. Just the COA for me alone.[/quote]

@spike_ukrob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk ; ed.miliband.mp@parliament.uk; mark.harper.mp@parliament.uk minister of immigration and your local MP's email address. You can get that online. I hope this information meets ur enquiry.[/quote]
Thanks a lot but is that one start with rob.whiteman@homeoffice or just whiteman@homeoffice and who are these people? rob.whiteman, ed.miliband, mark.harper? and indeed who is minister of immigration? :)

Your answer spike_uk

It's rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and his name is Rob Whiteman
He is the chief executive UK border agency
Honourable ED Miliband MP is Leader of the opposition
And Mark Harper is the minister of immigration.
Please google their names if you need more information as I am not into politics.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:04 am

bobbe wrote:
spike_UK wrote:
bobbe wrote:
bobbe wrote:

Your answer spike_uk

It's rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and his name is Rob Whiteman
He is the chief executive UK border agency
Honourable ED Miliband MP is Leader of the opposition
And Mark Harper is the minister of immigration.
Please google their names if you need more information as I am not into politics.
:) you been great mate, once again thanks for information, I have today sent a letter to the HO Rep and will give it a couple of weeks if nothing changes then, I'm doing all the necessary actions and will start by going to my MP :D
I'm not in to politics AT ALL..... they all lie :)
PR dated 05/03/2013

bobbe
Newly Registered

Post by bobbe » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:41 pm

[quote="bobbe"]Applied in June 2012
COA received July 2012

Dear Mr Whiteman,

Yours Sincerely

My Name

Thanks

This procedure is only applicable to those individual whose application is still pending.
3 days after the email was sent to Chief Executive, my Permanent residence was granted.
Wish good luck to those who are still waiting.
My processing time was 7 months
5 days
For both EEA3&4

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:08 pm

bobbe wrote:
bobbe wrote:Applied in June 2012
COA received July 2012

Congratulations mate and well done you really done a great job, I consider that and might do the same, but should I first go to MP or just email to chive executive and the minister of immigrations? my application was from last February and I rung last week they told me it's still in process and I have to wait!!
Thanks mate.

Dear Mr Whiteman,

Yours Sincerely

My Name

Thanks

This procedure is only applicable to those individual whose application is still pending.
3 days after the email was sent to Chief Executive, my Permanent residence was granted.
Wish good luck to those who are still waiting.
My processing time was 7 months
5 days
For both EEA3&4
Congratulation mate, I will try the same next week but should I first see the MP or straight complain to the chive executive and minister of immigration? I rung last week and they told me my application is still in process and I have to wait(since last year February)!
Thanks mate.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:40 pm

I would urge you to clearly write:
"By law an application for a Residence Card must be processed within 6 months"

The applicable quote from Directive 2004/38/EC is:
Article 20 - Permanent residence card for family members who are not nationals of a Member State

1. Member States shall issue family members who are not nationals of a Member State entitled to permanent residence with a permanent residence card within six months of the submission of the application. The permanent residence card shall be renewable automatically every 10 years.