ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulipwelyasmina

DE

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 pm

NA
Last edited by tulipwelyasmina on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ravii

Post by ravii » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:33 pm

In which country you are residing now?
Best regards

yogsmith
- thin ice -

Post by yogsmith » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:05 am

English disaster. God save United Kingdom.

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:20 am

ravii wrote:In which country you are residing now?
i m residing in algeria

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:25 am

yogsmith wrote:English disaster. God save United Kingdom.
what didnt you understand

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 am

For your application to be successful, there are only two things essential.

a) to convince the ECO that your marriage is genuine, and
b) that your husband is exercising treaty rights in the UK

There is no need to mention anything about your studies or your (and your father's) finances, or any plans for the future. Simply say that you want to join your husband, nothing more.

Your husband can get a certified copy of his passport at any police station in the UK, and you can submit that with the application.

And surely, the color of your wedding dress is totally irrelevant.

For the address, enter the place where you are currently staying (or will be at the time of the application); it is only needed so that the embassy can contact you if necessary.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:52 am

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:13 am

thank you for your help

i only have the wedding photos and skype history along with the marriage certificate, is that enough?

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:02 am

tulipwelyasmina wrote:thank you for your help

i only have the wedding photos and skype history along with the marriage certificate, is that enough?
I doubt anyone here can tell you what is enough and what is not, but if i were you i wouldn't provide any staged photos if u have those.

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:48 pm

thx pablito,

they re not staged photos, it was a small ceremony with both families so there s me him with family and freinds cutting cake, the rings ...

i hope it will be enough

another thing, on the application there are some questions like the date i intend to leave the uk in dd/mm/yy format. i want to stay with my husband at least for a year so i dont know when i will be back home.
ho do i answer that?

i read in another forum that my husband can endorse his passport copy at the irish embassy in london. is that how it supposed to be done? or is it better to stamp it at the police station?

i have u a e residance card endorsed on the last page of my passport but i live in algeria for the time being.
when they say on the application state if uou have travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK, in the last 10 years
do i mention my flights to the UAE? or is that a country of residence too since i ve got it s residence card?
i mean when they say the country of residence do they mean where you live in the time of application or all countries where you ve got the right to reside?

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Hey me and my wife plan to apply this month and I think I've done extensive research, Most of the senior members will give you extensive knowledge, but they don't seem to know much about reality of answering online application. It is so much important that your application will be coherent with all your answers and eventuality of you being called for an interview also your husband may be, so you must make sure all is coherent with application.

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:13 pm

good luck with your application

may i ask whose applying you or your wife?

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:23 pm

My wife, but we both live here in the Philippines

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:30 pm

and whose is the eea national ?

what do you have as proof of your relationship ?

tulipwelyasmina

Post by tulipwelyasmina » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:24 pm

hey guys plz help me out here '

on the applicaion form there is some questions, i m not quite sure how to answer.

1. How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

i actually dont know i m joining my husband and plan to stay there for a year or two but that s not final.

2. On which date will you leave the UK?
in dd/mm/yy format

how do you answer that

3. Please give details of any previous passports, covering the last 10 years, including where these passports are now.

this is my second passport,the first one is taken by the authorities when expired but i have an endorsed copy.
is that fine?

4. my husband has two nationalities algerian and irish is it wiser to mention both or only the eea nationality?

5. What is your total monthly income from all sources >>>
of employment or occupation after tax?

i m a student and supported by my father, do i have to say how much my father gives me every month or how much my savings do i have?
or is it better not to answer the financial part is it is irrelevant to the eea fp?

6.Have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK, in the last 10 years?

i have UAE residence car on my passport, but i live in algeria now. so do i state my travels to the UAE or is it considered as a country of residence?

7.How often do you meet?

do they mean physically or on video calls?

coz whenever he s got holydays he come and stay with me for some time so how do i answer this question?

it s like twice to three times since february 2012 when we met for the first time.

8. Have you lived with the EEA National in a relationship like a marriage or civil partnership at any time (including since a wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?

we have stayed together for six days after the ceremony
is that enough ?

9. it says The following questions are additional questions for applicants who do NOT hold a residence card or visa for an EEA member country, that includes part 8.7 to 8.10

my husband has the uk residance card so as i understand i musnt fill the parts in question, am i right?

10. on the supporting documents check list there is Evidence of any income from other sources e.g. friends, family, savings, property etc

i ve got savings in euro do i need the history or only the statement
and is a letter from my father stating that he s supporting me is enough as evidence ?

11. as to Previous passport(s) the passport is taken by the authorities when expired but i ve got a stamped copy is that alright?

12. Evidence of how your trip is to be funded. what do they mean by that?

13. Evidence of your sponsor’s nationality, e.g. a copy of the bio data page from their passport (the page with their photograph). we dont have an irish consulate in algeria, how do we endorse the passport copy?