ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension - Maintenance of funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

go4anant
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension - Maintenance of funds

Post by go4anant » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:01 am

Hello,

I have a query on maintenance of funds for Tier 1 extension. My friend has Tier 1 extension due; but due to global traveling; he has not been in UK for last 12 months. He briefly visits UK for couple of months and then leaves. I believe there is a rule that if applicant has been in UK for less than 12 months in last year; then the maintenance of funds requirement is higher.

I myself faced this situation in 2010 when i first applied and had to maintain higher balance; hence I am asking this question. Since lot of changes have happened since then; if someone has faced this situation; or if Gurus are aware of the balance to be maintained and can advise me; it would be great.

Regards

Anand Rajagopalan

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Hopefully this link will guide you. Check Paragraph 2 (b)2. 10 points will only be awarded if an applicant
(b) applying for leave to remain, has the level of funds shown in the table below and provides the specified documents in paragraph 1B above.
Level of funds- £900 , Points-10
AppendixC

go4anant
Newly Registered

Post by go4anant » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:20 am

Thanks silentwarrior. I have checked the rules for regular extensions. My question is slightly complicated as the applicant has not been in UK for long periods in last 12 months. Previously the rule was to maintain higher balance (1600GBP) for such applicants.

Query - Is there a need to maintain additional balance for such applicants?