ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proposal for abscence clarification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bildor

Proposal for abscence clarification

Post by Bildor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 am

Guys,

I was thinking it might be a good idea for any of the future PEO Tier 1 General applicants to actually ask the case workers about abscences and how it is assessed by Case workers.

Obviously answers given should only be used as a guide and not a rule.

But it will give us an idea into how the case workers judge absences, particulary during unpaid leave.

i have used Tier 1 General because that appears to be the only grey area for now

What do you guys think?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:21 am

It is very difficult to ask this question to the case worker and also expect a response as the person making the application is already nervous about his own application.

I am not sure what exact question you want to pose. However, you can use freedom of information site whatdotheyknow.com to raise the question to ukba. However, if the question is not straightforward then expect a document which we already have access to being shared.

I have raised a query on this site...http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... ermited_ab

You can do something similar or write to a case worker or ukba directly through your personal contacts.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 am

uksettlement, have you also submitted the questions you have to the UKBA SettlementOps team? I'm not entirely sure that a Freedom of information request is the correct forum to raise questions about unclear immigration rules. The reason being, all an FOI request would technically be able to share is information already available. If something stated in either the immigration rules or an application form is incorrect or unclear, I believe it should be raised to the source of that information. In this case would that not be the UKBA, HomeOffice, IND?

This is just my take, on how I understand the process, but I may be wrong.