ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

diversity

ILR Query

Post by diversity » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 pm

:roll:
I am on WP eligible for ILR in August 2013. I got married in 2011, and the relationship brokedown in 2012, I have applied for a divorce she is not agreeing for it. And I have informed to UKBA about this and also that we have not been living together for the past 10/11 months. Now my wife is asking me sponsor her ILR (she is on a WP dependant) then only she will agree for divorce.
Now I am scared as she is threatening to complain to UKBA, on the basis of domestic abuse if I dont apply for her ILR. There is no domestic abuse whatsoever, I still send her money every month, no police cautions, no womens aid nothing at all. If she complains will this affect my ILR application in August. Please help what actions I need to take.

diversity

Post by diversity » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:34 pm

The moderator or experts please help me

londener

Post by londener » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:18 am

Hi there,

Though I am not expert here.I am going to share my knowledge and information I have gathered myself.
As per my knowledge, she cant do anything if you are paying maintenance amount according to the law if any and you did not have any court /police involvement .
Everyone can blame anyone so the law is law.If you haven't abused her mentally or physically you are totally secured.
I am interested to know what happened with your divorce case ? .Could you tell here or PM me what decision have you got ?
Keep you cool !!
Londeners
believe in yourself !!!