ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanny26
Member of Standing

Biometric

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:13 am

Its been 3 months since i've applied for an extension flr (o) and im still waiting on a biometric letter. Each time i rang ukba i was told that i just got to wait. Now im thinking to write a letter to sheffield because i feel like i've been waiting for too long just for a letter.

winners

Post by winners » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi sanny26,
When last do you rang ukba?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:59 pm

This morning. I had just came off the phone to them when i made this post. Didnt know just to extend a visa would take so much time. Paying so much money for this type of service is just unbelievable.

winners

Post by winners » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Thanks,
I applied a week before you 021012, nothing after acknowledgement letter.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:14 pm

I made a complaint on the 20th nov and i receive a response frm ukba on the 28th nov. This is what they say. Thank u for your correspendence on 20 october(my correspondence was the 20th nov). I am sorry that u felt our service did not meet your expectations on this occasion. The concerns raised in your correspondence have been investigated thoroughly and our findings are as follows: i can confirm receipt of your application on 23rd oct(thats the date payment was deducted,i applied on the 5th oct). This application is awaiting consideration. We currently receive many applications for leave to remain and in order to be fair to all those with outstanding applications,they are considered in turn unless there are sufficient compassionate grounds to warrant doing otherwise. We can only consider applications once a successful biometric enrolment appointment has been attended. You will shortly receive a biometric enrolment letter(im still waiting this letter was dated the 28th nov and today is the 8th jan 2013). This will advise you of the next step that u will need to take regarding your application. It is not currently possible to specify the exact outcome date for individual applications. This is due to the high volumes of applications being received when your application was submitted. Please accept my apologies for the length of time it is taking to process your application and for any inconvenience this may cause. I've got an holiday booked for the summer and im really hoping i receive my documents by then so my kids can enjoy a break in the sun.