ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting Tier 2 (Gen) today - 3 quick questions!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ktmcwhirter
Newly Registered

Submitting Tier 2 (Gen) today - 3 quick questions!

Post by ktmcwhirter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi all!
I am submitting my Tier 2 (General) visa today, switching from a Tier 4.

I have filled out my application but am questioning a few small things, can you help me out?

Section D asks about any BRPs that I have been previously issued - would this be my current Tier 4 Visa? If so, its the BRP number the one in the top right corner?

Section H asks details of any UK Border Agency/Home office reference numbers previously sent to me...can you provide an example of this?? I guess there would have been a reference number when applying for my Tier 4 in 2011, but I'm not sure this is what they're asking. Would love some clarification!

Lastly, just to check I am sending in all the correct documents, I am including:
- Passport
- CoS issue number (just the number, right? there isn't a special page?)
- 2 passport sized photographs, signed
- Certification of Award Letter from UK uni
- Maintenance Fund documentation
- Previous visa (inside passport)

Am i missing anything?

Many, many thanks!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Submitting Tier 2 (Gen) today - 3 quick questions!

Post by physicskate » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:34 pm

ktmcwhirter wrote:Hi all!

I have filled out my application but am questioning a few small things, can you help me out?

Section D asks about any BRPs that I have been previously issued - would this be my current Tier 4 Visa? If so, its the BRP number the one in the top right corner?

Section H asks details of any UK Border Agency/Home office reference numbers previously sent to me...can you provide an example of this?? I guess there would have been a reference number when applying for my Tier 4 in 2011, but I'm not sure this is what they're asking. Would love some clarification!

Lastly, just to check I am sending in all the correct documents, I am including:
- Passport

Am i missing anything?

Many, many thanks!
Your BRP is just your current visa - number in top right hand corner. Feel free to leave the previous reference number blank. I always have! They have the info on file.

Sounds tickety boo to me in terms of other paperwork you are providing. (English Lang proved with award letter from UK uni).

ktmcwhirter
Newly Registered

Post by ktmcwhirter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 pm

Thank you! :)

So if the reference numbers part is a yes/no question ('Have you ever had any Home Office or UK Border Agency reference number(s) assigned to you?') I should tick no?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:03 pm

ktmcwhirter wrote:Thank you! :)

So if the reference numbers part is a yes/no question ('Have you ever had any Home Office or UK Border Agency reference number(s) assigned to you?') I should tick no?
I always have!

Good luck!

pucalee
Newly Registered

Re: Submitting Tier 2 (Gen) today - 3 quick questions!

Post by pucalee » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:25 pm

physicskate wrote:
ktmcwhirter wrote:Hi all!

- Passport

Am i missing anything?

Many, many thanks!
Your BRP is just your current visa - number in top right hand corner. Feel free to leave the previous reference number blank. I always have! They have the info on file.

Sounds tickety boo to me in terms of other paperwork you are providing. (English Lang proved with award letter from UK uni).
I'm going to submit my Tier 2 application soon so I have similar situation. As far as I know, if you haven't been issued with a BRP card, which is a different form of visa compared to the sticker on your passport, you should say no. If you have the card, say yes. Am I right about this...?

And one more thing (I made a post below and since no one's answering), I had to squeeze 9 digit sponsorship licence number (company's licence number, not my CoS) into 8 blanks in my application, does anyone have the same experience?

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 pm

physicskate wrote:
ktmcwhirter wrote:Thank you! :)

I always have!

Good luck!
Its not an important question, however if you had been issued a visa sticker on the passport, you can answer 'Yes' and add it as described in an unrelated post at following link.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 4a4d4ce18f