ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH CITIZEN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samfrmlondon

BRITISH CITIZEN

Post by samfrmlondon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:25 pm

hi,
i have query regarding my wife application for BC, I and my 2-year old is applying for BC as i got ILR last NOV-2011 AND as my wife is on my dependant VISA and still 1-year left for her ILR she is staying with me as my wife since last 5-years can she apply with us now for BC.

THANKS
SAM.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:36 pm

this question might be better in the British Citizenship category... http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=42

Wish i could help - not too certain... on the application form there is usually a tel. no. to call for "help"?

but i believe you may be entitled to have her apply too? (she has PR already?)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:16 pm

You have to apply for naturalisation for yourself, and register your child.

You wife cannot apply for BC now as she is yet to have ILR.

Once she obtain ILR and provided you have obtained BC by then, she will qualify to apply immediately, without having to wait for an additional year.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors