ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bills showing on bank statements for ILR??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranh

Bills showing on bank statements for ILR??

Post by imranh » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi Everyone

Do the ILR case workers (if that is the right name for them) actually check if the bills come out of the bank statements or will just the names of the bills suffice??

for example - if I prove 2 telephone bills in joint names, will they want to check the bill against the bank statements to check the dates and amount etc match or will the names on the bill suffice.

I only ask this because I have a couple of bills which are taken out against the bank statements which I will not be submitting. I have 4 bank accounts with different banks - I will be be submitting one bank statements as proof of cohabitation and another to show my savings. I was wondering if I had to show another aswell to show the bills leaving my account?????

Many Thanks
Kind Regards

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:40 pm

No - that would firstly be an administrative nightmare and secondly, not everyone pays bills from their bank accounts. Some bills might be paid in cash which you can't trace to a bank account.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Bills are for address verification/cohab proof purpose.

Bank statements are for earnings verification or address verification/cohab proof purpose (you choose which one).

Stick to what the Form/Guidance asks for.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.