ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Croydon - Success 08 Jan 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ItsEd
Newly Registered

ILR Croydon - Success 08 Jan 2013

Post by ItsEd » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 pm

First, Thanks to everyone in the forum, esp the moderators for doing a fine job. I got lot of help from this forum and hope my experience might be of help to others.

My case is very straight forward. HSMP + Tier 1 General Extension

HSMP Granted: 04 Feb 2008
Tier 1 Extension Expiry: 04 Feb 2013
Around 140 days outside the country. I did not given any letter for my absence as all of my absences were holidays and left Question 6.3 unanswered.
And I am on Permanent employment.

I should say my experience is good. Though you cant see smiling case workers, they are professional and efficient and if you put the right questions they are happy to answer.

Make sure you carry a water bottle and some snacks if you prefer. Though they have a canteen, it’s expensive.

If you got a toddler or baby, no issue in taking them with you. They do have provisions for crayons/colouring to keep them engaged.

You could also accompany your partner if the visa is just for one of them.
My document list:
1) PEO Appointment letter
2) Old Passport
3) New Passport
4) 2 Photos with full name behind it
5) SET(o) form filled
6) Last 12 months bank statement
7) Last 12 months pay slip
8- P60 for 2009,2010,2012
9) P45 for 2011
10) Letter from HR – payslip
11) Life in UK pass
12) Absence table
13) HSMP Approval letter

And once again thanks & good luck for applicants.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks mate this was very helpful. I was a bit unsure about toddlers accompanying parents and whether they will allow us to take snacks etc for the children. Thanks for the info.

Ilrdueinjan
Newly Registered

For children

Post by Ilrdueinjan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 am

Congrats

I just wanted to ask that Am only applying for myself n my partner only/ my son who is 2nd half born in UK but traveled to India also has visa until my visa with Indian passport and a daughter who is 9months born in UK I will not b applying for their ILR as Am looking to apply naturalization once we get Ilr. Can we still take our children in the PEO office.

Or is it essential that we would have to apply for my son's ILr with me

Many thanks

saran79
United Kingdom

Re: For children

Post by saran79 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:32 am

Ilrdueinjan wrote:Congrats

I just wanted to ask that Am only applying for myself n my partner only/ my son who is 2nd half born in UK but traveled to India also has visa until my visa with Indian passport and a daughter who is 9months born in UK I will not b applying for their ILR as Am looking to apply naturalization once we get Ilr. Can we still take our children in the PEO office.

Many thanks
you can register them as british citizen after your ilr.

Muscovite

Post by Muscovite » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 am

Question to all of you guys and ItsEd:

When providing your own detailed letter of absences:

a) did you fill in anything under section 6.2. at all?
or
b) did you start on section 6.2 and then continue on your own letter?

I mean Section 6.2 has got like what 10 lines and I am wondering what would be better to provide the full list separately and whether or not it can have an impact (if section 6.2 is left blank completely with a note "see a separately enclosed list").

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Croydon - Success 08 Jan 2013

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:51 am

ItsEd wrote:10) Letter from HR – payslip
Congrat's ItsEd! Thank you for posting your experience at Croydon. May I ask what the purpose of this letter was. Since you've stated that you submitted 12 payslips as evidence for previous earnings, I presume it wasn't for that.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: For children

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:34 am

Ilrdueinjan wrote:Congrats

Yes, you can take them with you even though they are not applying .

Many thanks
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

ItsEd
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Croydon - Success 08 Jan 2013

Post by ItsEd » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:22 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
ItsEd wrote:10) Letter from HR – payslip
Congrat's ItsEd! Thank you for posting your experience at Croydon. May I ask what the purpose of this letter was. Since you've stated that you submitted 12 payslips as evidence for previous earnings, I presume it wasn't for that.
I provided it for two purpose
1) Confirming my employment
2) A letter which provides quick insight into Net/Gross payments and also the date when it got credited into back account.

Idea is to make it easy for the case worker to go through the whole records

ItsEd
Newly Registered

Post by ItsEd » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Muscovite wrote:Question to all of you guys and ItsEd:

When providing your own detailed letter of absences:

a) did you fill in anything under section 6.2. at all?
or
b) did you start on section 6.2 and then continue on your own letter?

I mean Section 6.2 has got like what 10 lines and I am wondering what would be better to provide the full list separately and whether or not it can have an impact (if section 6.2 is left blank completely with a note "see a separately enclosed list").
I filled the section 6.2. However in the letter, I did repeat the absence, but I put additional info like the purpose of visit as well as the place of departure and arrival.