ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A question which is freaking me out. Please help!!!!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Momi
United Kingdom

A question which is freaking me out. Please help!!!!!

Post by Momi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi peeps
I have a question which is really confusing me. Hope you will understand.
Lets start it.
I am on PSW and I got it not more than 5 months ago, it means my PSW is expiring in 2014.
I'm going to get married in march and in the start of April I want to switch my visa from PSW to entrepreneur, because My all supported documents are ready e.g bank statement and other contracts. Other reason is that the home office can change the rules in April.
Anyway my question is that how can I sponsor my dependant? Some of the immigration advisers said me that you can use your PSW but I'm a little bit confused about it. I know home office will consider my PSW valid until the decision of entrepreneur.
Can any immigration expert leave some advise.
Thanks in advance

smehmood
BANNED

Re: A question which is freaking me out. Please help!!!!!

Post by smehmood » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Momi wrote:Hi peeps
I have a question which is really confusing me. Hope you will understand.
Lets start it.
I am on PSW and I got it not more than 5 months ago, it means my PSW is expiring in 2014.
I'm going to get married in march and in the start of April I want to switch my visa from PSW to entrepreneur, because My all supported documents are ready e.g bank statement and other contracts. Other reason is that the home office can change the rules in April.
Anyway my question is that how can I sponsor my dependant? Some of the immigration advisers said me that you can use your PSW but I'm a little bit confused about it. I know home office will consider my PSW valid until the decision of entrepreneur.
Can any immigration expert leave some advise.
Thanks in advance

Hi

1. Apply for Dependent visa 1st for your wife, in most countries it only takes 10 days. and then apply for tier 1. You have to change the date of marriage. i know its not easy.

2. if you apply for tier 1 it takes 4 to 5 months. so you have to decide what to do now.

Regards
Shaukat

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm

Hi Momi,

Go get married in March no probs .... Take all the documentation with you (Bank statement, work letter etc with you)

As soon as you got married submit your case. (if you are applying from Pakistan you will get the decision within 20 Working days of submitting your application with Fedex)

Come back and submit your case to Switch from Psw to Tier 1.

Worse case scenario even home office change the rules etc they always give some notice before changes will be effective so you can plan it there and then like you said you have everything ready to submit your case in April so I cant see any probs.

hope it help

regards

Rehan

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 am

Hi Rehan
Thanks for your advise. I got your point as I have been told by some other people as well that home office always give some proposals before changing any rule. So I'm feeling a bit relaxed. I'll wait till my wife gets visa then I will apply for tier 1.
Thanks again :)

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Good Luck Momi.

regards

Rehan