ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FORM WP1 Q.53 How long do u need the person to work for your

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lisa71
Newly Registered

FORM WP1 Q.53 How long do u need the person to work for your

Post by lisa71 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:48 pm

in filling out work permit form please assist in this question 53.
form wp1 section 10 question 53 asks. 'how long do you need the person to work for your company?'
this seems a bit of a tricky question.
I mean ideally i am hoping it will be a long term position and that I can maybe stay long term. how would I know how long I will be emplyed for ? It asks specifically how many years and months.
IS it a trick question is there a general good answer like ' 2 years'?

and later on if i say 2 years and then i stay longer will they refer to the form and that particular answer..?.
hhhhmmmm , this whole thing is so complex. good luck to everyone.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:56 pm

The employer fills in the WP application form not the employee. I'm sorry to say this based on this and some of your previous posts seems like there's something fishy going here. What's the full story?

lisa71
Newly Registered

Post by lisa71 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:03 am

nothing fishy going on here, although I have no need to defend myself against your 'opinion', nor am i obliged to tell you the 'full story' which is very simply i am in the beggining of attempting to obtain a work permit for the u.k , pretty much the same as most people on here. I could also go thru your posts and give my opinion, you are not a moderator so i fail to see how your opinion/ judement is relevant .... like everyone else i am just very keen to inform/ educate myself on my options which is why , like everyone else, i am asking questions.
Yes I am considering work permit, if i dont get one i will consider marrying my partner a little sooner than i would have otherwise.
It is also an option for me to take a year off work and study. The world is full of options and before i decide I WISH TO BE FULLY INFORMED WHICH IS WHY I JOINED THIS FORUM.
I would ask you not to give your 'judgements' on my posts in the future unless you have an actual relevant answer to contribute. i wish you well , thank you.

vin123
Member of Standing

Re: FORM WP1 Q.53 How long do u need the person to work for

Post by vin123 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:33 pm

I wonder like wanderer.....Lisa, As long as you don't you treat yourself with a pay cheque from your own pockets, why are you doing an employer's job ?

lisa71 wrote:in filling out work permit form please assist in this question 53.
form wp1 section 10 question 53 asks. 'how long do you need the person to work for your company?'
this seems a bit of a tricky question.
I mean ideally i am hoping it will be a long term position and that I can maybe stay long term. how would I know how long I will be emplyed for ? It asks specifically how many years and months.
IS it a trick question is there a general good answer like ' 2 years'?

and later on if i say 2 years and then i stay longer will they refer to the form and that particular answer..?.
hhhhmmmm , this whole thing is so complex. good luck to everyone.

kiwiinlondon78
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiinlondon78 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:05 pm

Settle down guys. I find myself in a position of WHV expiring & company wanting to sponsor me. My manager has left it to me to do most of the research & when he fills out the forms will come to me when he has a query as he has enough on his plate. Not every company has 100 staff on their books with an HR department sorting out HSMP visas for staff earning 20k per year :lol: We have to do some of the work ourselves & Lisa is only clueing herself up on the whole process.

lisa71
Newly Registered

Post by lisa71 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:27 am

thank you kiwi, I hAVE NO IDEA WHY THEY FELT THE NEED TO COMMENT or lecture me, as if this process isn't stressful enough.
YES i am only trying to inform myself of my options. And thats also correct a lot of smaller firms do wan you to do the research and stuff yourself.

Markie

Post by Markie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:39 pm

lisa71 wrote:thank you kiwi, I hAVE NO IDEA WHY THEY FELT THE NEED TO COMMENT or lecture me, as if this process isn't stressful enough.
YES i am only trying to inform myself of my options. And thats also correct a lot of smaller firms do wan you to do the research and stuff yourself.
Hi Lisa...I symphatise with you. regarding your question on how long do you want to employ this person...

Just state 5 years (the maximum). Should the WP team contest the required timeframe, they will issue a shorter period say 2 years...

Once the WP has been granted, later you can just apply an extension if needed.

hope this helps.