ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New EEA forms version 12/12

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravii

New EEA forms version 12/12

Post by ravii » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Best regards

Salem
- thin ice -

Post by Salem » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 pm

We sent off for my Wife's RC on December 27th, but it was with the 7/12 forms.

I'm nearly sure i checked a few days before Christmas and the forms were the same 7/12.

Nightmare! So really i should call and tell them, probably end up getting them back to do again?

Better than getting them back after 6 Months to do again i suppose...

What's the changes?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 am

Each application form under the EEA regulation states on its front page
Please note it is not mandatory to complete this application form.
However it will assist in dealing with your application more efficiently
if this form is used.

Under EEA regulations, there is no requirement to use an application form and an application can't be refused because of the version of the form used.

The new forms are part of an update the HO made to all the application forms to include additional questions with regards to the good character / personal history of the applicant. Although the form state they should be used from 13th December 2012, they were only uploaded to the HO website in early January 2013. In any case, it doesn't really matter which version you use.

ravii

Post by ravii » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:45 am

10.12. Please state what ties you have with;
• The country where you were born
• Any other country whose nationality you hold
• Any country where you have lived for more than 5 years
You should tell us about any family, friends, or other connections with that country. Country Social cultural or family ties
I thing that's a very good idea and applicant can explain in wider sence,his/her circumstances to ukba,and it will also help to reduce the burden on the courts.
Best regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:51 am

ravii wrote:10.12. Please state what ties you have with;
You should tell us about any family, friends, or other connections with that country. Country Social cultural or family ties
I thing that's a very good idea and applicant can explain in wider sence,his/her circumstances to ukba,and it will also help to reduce the burden on the courts.
Typical HO "copy & paste" job.

They use the same new text for all the forms (UK domestic rules and EEA regulations). However, these type of questions are irrelevant to applications under the EEA regulations (and to honest I don't understand why they are relevant to applications under the UK immigration rules as well).

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:13 am

With such long forms (20 pages or more) it is no wonder that the processing of applications takes so long.
In comparison, the application form for a Schengenvisa is only two pages.

On the EEA2 form given as an example in this thread, also question 10.11 is particularly irrelevant.
Note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants and dependants.
It is beyond me how UKBA thinks they can do this. Of course every applicant will answer no to all questions in section 10, except when you have previous convictions in the UK itself.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:18 am

ravii wrote:...and applicant can explain in wider sence,his/her circumstances to ukba, ...
If you want to do this, submit a cover letter with your application.
There used to be a section at the end of forms called "Any other relevant information" but it has disappeared some time ago.

Salem
- thin ice -

Post by Salem » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Jambo wrote:Each application form under the EEA regulation states on its front page
Please note it is not mandatory to complete this application form.
However it will assist in dealing with your application more efficiently
if this form is used.

Under EEA regulations, there is no requirement to use an application form and an application can't be refused because of the version of the form used.

The new forms are part of an update the HO made to all the application forms to include additional questions with regards to the good character / personal history of the applicant. Although the form state they should be used from 13th December 2012, they were only uploaded to the HO website in early January 2013. In any case, it doesn't really matter which version you use.
Thanks Jambo,

Minor panic over.

ElMa
Newly Registered

Post by ElMa » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:57 pm

This new form is a real surprise, I've almost sealed my envelope today :) I've downloaded the EEA2 form 10 days ago, it was version 07/12.
ravii wrote:10.12. Please state what ties you have with;
I don't understand sense and purpose of this question at all, it's really strange. :roll: