ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child care vouchers is public fund ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Child care vouchers is public fund ?

Post by hs_sdm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 am

I am going to apply Tier 1 General extension and am getting child care voucher from my company as part of employee benefits. While filling the application, I saw the page about the benefits (from public funds), mentioned about Child Benefits and Child Tax credit. Just wanted to know whether Childcare voucher is public fund or not and also to know about what is child tax credit.

went through so many posts here and wants to know from the people who applied Tier 1 General with same case as me.

Please.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 am

Child care vouchers are not public funds and you can avail them. Child tax credit is a public fund; not sure what it is exactly though.

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Post by hs_sdm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks hsmp1412.

Also I would like to know about BRP details in the application forms. Since I applied in Jan 2010, there is no BRP. Whether I have to fill the BRP sections in application forms ?

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 am

@hs_sdm

See this for details of public funds.... Good news - Child care vouchers are employment based as such are not part of public fund. Read page 6 - 9

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Also, about BRP section, if you don't have it you don't fill it or just write N/A there. Ho knows you have not done it before and cannot penalize you for it.
Last edited by sayome_now on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 am

hs_sdm wrote:Thanks hsmp1412.

Also I would like to know about BRP details in the application forms. Since I applied in Jan 2010, there is no BRP. Whether I have to fill the BRP sections in application forms ?
Obviously not!

Follow the questions, they should guide you with regards to what you should fill in. If you don't have a BRP, you'll be told to skip over the questions and go to the relevant section.

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Post by hs_sdm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:53 am

Thanks guys.

@mulderpf, There is such skip option in dependent application that's why I am asking this question.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:05 pm

hs_sdm wrote:Thanks guys.

@mulderpf, There is such skip option in dependent application that's why I am asking this question.
Ok, now you made me open the form as I am 100% convinced that the form guides you over this.

Look at page 14, question C7. "Have you been issued with a BRP?" Yes - go to C8, No - go to Part D (this means if you have not been issued with a BRP, then do not fill in any of the following questions and go to part D instead, thereby not answering anything further pertaining to a BRP as you don't have one).

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Post by hs_sdm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:18 pm

@mulderpf, I think, you looked at main applicant form. Please verify dependent application, which doesn't have that question.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm

hs_sdm wrote:@mulderpf, I think, you looked at main applicant form. Please verify dependent application, which doesn't have that question.
Well you didn't say that you were having an issue with the dependent application. Look at the help text for section H. "If" you have a BRP...

Don't fill it in if you don't have a BRP. (Or you can try, but I don't know what you would answer for any of the questions as they are simply not applicable...)