ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which PEO Station is best

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Which PEO Station is best

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi,
could any member reply please that how is over all experience at Solihull for PEO appointment especially for Tier 1G applying for ILR?

Which PEO station would you suggest for me as I am applying for ILR in March 2013. I have no dependent and all my earning is from single company where I am employee for last 4 and half years. my current visa is Tier 1G.
Thanks

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:05 pm

can any body help me regarding my above query please?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:13 pm

I cannot personally comment on what the Solihul PEO is like as I have never been there. But based on the many success story topics I have read on this forum about applicants who have been there, it appears to be one of the better ones for cases which are straight-forward. A key positive stated by many forum members is that they verify your documents before taking payment, so you would not pay unless everything is in order.

I'd recommend that you search this forum yourself, to get a sense of what different applicant experiences were. There is a wealth of information available to you here, all you need to do is search.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi cs95tdg!
Thank you very much for the kind and detailed reply. You are much appreciated.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 pm

I suggest you go to the most convenient PEO rather than trying to "find the one with the best service". They all generally provide the same service (except Glasgow doesn't accept some types of applications, but this doesn't apply to you), so its mostly just what's convenient for you (or available).

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 am

cs95tdg wrote:I cannot personally comment on what the Solihul PEO is like as I have never been there. But based on the many success story topics I have read on this forum about applicants who have been there, it appears to be one of the better ones for cases which are straight-forward. A key positive stated by many forum members is that they verify your documents before taking payment, so you would not pay unless everything is in order.

I'd recommend that you search this forum yourself, to get a sense of what different applicant experiences were. There is a wealth of information available to you here, all you need to do is search.
Many thanks for your advice.
I was wondering whether there are more professional senior CW in Croydon than other PEO because the head office of UKBA at Croydon !? and why Solihul PEO only use this policy( verifying docs before payment), I assume all PEO should use same policy?
Please advise

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:36 am

There are more caseworkers at Croydon, but whether they are more professional or more senior all depends. Even if you go to the PEO with the most amount of "professional senior" caseworkers, you could end up with a junior. You cannot choose your caseworker.

You will not be advantaged or disadvantaged based on the PEO you select.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:52 am

@ mulderpf thanks for your advice and one more suggestion please as I am on Tier1G and Ihave 210 days absences which are combination of paid and unpaid holidays. I know that I dont need any evidence for paid holidays in my category but do i have to provide any evidence for unpaid absences?

do i have to fill the subpart of section 7.11 also as my total absences are 210 days (more than 6 months) in total five years?

7.11 Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time.

@ stokbrig I have been told that same practice is also in operation at Liverpool i.e they check application before taking payment.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 am

Do you have any single period of absence in excess of 6 months (180 days) or does your total tally up to 210 days? You only need to give details about a single period of absence in excess of 6 months.

As for the checking of documents before payment - this generally happens at all PEO's - read through some of the experiences of people in the Tier 1 (General) section in the PEO experience topic. (Just some people don't always mention it).

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 am

mulderpf wrote:Do you have any single period of absence in excess of 6 months (180 days) or does your total tally up to 210 days? You only need to give details about a single period of absence in excess of 6 months.

As for the checking of documents before payment - this generally happens at all PEO's - read through some of the experiences of people in the Tier 1 (General) section in the PEO experience topic. (Just some people don't always mention it).
I have total 210 days absences which are spread over the period of 5 years. even i don't have any absence which is more than 90 days in single stretch. I had total 6 trips to my home country for family visit. the longest absence in single stretch was 60 days among those trips.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 am

stokbrig wrote:Many thanks for your advice.
I was wondering whether there are more professional senior CW in Croydon than other PEO because the head office of UKBA at Croydon !? and why Solihul PEO only use this policy( verifying docs before payment), I assume all PEO should use same policy?
Whether or not the case workers at Croydon are more professional, I do not know. However based on the many experiences I've heard about & seen on this forum, it is generally understood that Solihull PEO doesn't accept complex applications where a Senior CW would be required to assess and make decisions. They generally recommend that you apply by post or get an appointment at Croydon. Therefore many applicants who know their case is complex and would rather go for an in-person appointment (opposed to Postal), choose Croydon opposed to any other PEO, as there are several Senior level case workers (who can be consulted by junior case workers) in Croydon.

Note, I do not know the reason why only staff at Solihul PEO appear to take payment after document verification, that would be a question you need to raise with them yourself. ilrupdates has mentioned that they do this at Liverpool as well, so may be there are other PEO's where they do this too.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 am

As I mentioned before, document verification prior to payment seems to happen at all PEO's:

Croydon - refer anilkmanu's experience (also a few others on the same page - e.g. polapts
Belfast refer eclair's experience
Sheffield refer Johnwoo's experience

Whether it's a full document check or not is another story, but I know of someone who was allowed to leave the building in Croydon to go to the bank to go and get some bank statements from the bank, so either way, they won't just take your money and run.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 am

mulderpf wrote:As I mentioned before, document verification prior to payment seems to happen at all PEO's.

Whether it's a full document check or not is another story.
I think this is probably the key, where some PEO's appear to almost do a complete case assessment which would lead to an approval, before taking payment, whereas others just check that you have met the residence requirement and also have the correct application form along with basic supporting documentation.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:05 pm

mulderpf wrote:As I mentioned before, document verification prior to payment seems to happen at all PEO's:

Croydon - refer anilkmanu's experience (also a few others on the same page - e.g. polapts
Belfast refer eclair's experience
Sheffield refer Johnwoo's experience

Whether it's a full document check or not is another story, but I know of someone who was allowed to leave the building in Croydon to go to the bank to go and get some bank statements from the bank, so either way, they won't just take your money and run.
I would appreciate any comments on cs95tdg advice.
Do you think that staff at Croydon can deal with complex cases more efficiently and professionaly than other PEOs? thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 pm

stokbrig wrote: ....
Do you think that staff at Croydon can deal with complex cases more efficiently and professionaly than other PEOs? thanks
Depends on your definition/situation of complex, efficiency and professionalism.

If your case is utterly complex, they will probably hold your application and tell you they need to do some further checks, and that they will call you in a few days. Would you class this as them being inefficient or unprofessional?

Only you would know the degree of compexity of your case, or if any at all.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:38 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
stokbrig wrote: ....
Depends on your definition/situation of complex, efficiency and professionalism.

If your case is utterly complex, they will probably hold your application and tell you they need to do some further checks, and that they will call you in a few days. Would you class this as them being inefficient or unprofessional?

Only you would know the degree of compexity of your case, or if any at all.
Thanks for your comments. Actually am not asking about a private or a specific case but in general we are discussing ,according to your experiences as seniors, which PEO is more efficient in processing our applications, of course that depends on their staff senior and professional can deal with application more honestly and quickly . I thought may be because Croydon is housing UKBA's head office they can deal with applications in that way. am I right?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm

stokbrig wrote:in general we are discussing ,according to your experiences as seniors, which PEO is more efficient in processing our applications, of course that depends on their staff senior and professional can deal with application more honestly and quickly. I thought may be because Croydon is housing UKBA's head office they can deal with applications in that way. am I right?
Don't mistake what I stated before to mean that Croydon staff are more professional or that they can deal with applications more quickly . Merely having more senior case workers at hand does not necessarily equate to quicker processing of applications. It just means that they have access to Senior CW's to make decisions on certain complex cases which may or may not be decided on the day. I say may or may not, because each individual application will have a different background which can or cannot be assessed without additional checks or enquires, this is irrespective of how experienced a CW is. The gist of this is that it's difficult to generalize and rate PEO's on their efficiency, as the individual applications they deal with, will have different backgrounds which can or cannot be assessed quickly.

bt

re ILR

Post by bt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:35 pm

hi mate

i would recommed you Solihull. if you are applying for your ILR then you must try Solihull, people are friendly and polite..

best of luck

cheers
bt

[quote="ilrupdates"]can any body help me regarding my above query please?[/quote][list=][/list]

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Re: re ILR

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:55 pm

bt wrote:hi mate

i would recommed you Solihull. if you are applying for your ILR then you must try Solihull, people are friendly and polite..

best of luck

cheers
bt
ilrupdates wrote:can any body help me regarding my above query please?
    Thanks fellow for your suggestion.
    could any one else post his/her suggestion in this respect please?

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:39 pm

I also recommend Solihull if your case not so complex.
    Case worker deals with your case first and then they will ask you to pay.
    whereas in other centers you need to pay before your case goes to case worker.

ilrupdates
    Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:31 am

ilrdep!

Thanks for your suggestion.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:27 am

ilrdep wrote:I also recommend Solihull if your case not so complex.
    Case worker deals with your case first and then they will ask you to pay.
    whereas in other centers you need to pay before your case goes to case worker.
    so they'll tell you whether your application is successful or not before they ask you to pay? and if it is not successful you'll leave the PEO with a verbal decision!?

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 am

Yes, I have seen three examples of that:
    1. One of my friend who had visa gap went there he was told that they will not take it forward due to visa gap
    2. Other friend went who had long gap he was told to apply in Croydon/Liverpool.
    3. Other friend who went just before new rule changes(dec10) who had gap of 150days and was asked to apply after Dec13.

In all these examples there was no fees collected and case worker has dealt with cases.

During mine/my spouse visa (seperate appointments) we have been asked to pay the fees after case worker went through the application.

Hope it helps

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 am

ilrdep wrote:Yes, I have seen three examples of that:
    1. One of my friend who had visa gap went there he was told that they will not take it forward due to visa gap
    2. Other friend went who had long gap he was told to apply in Croydon/Liverpool.
    3. Other friend who went just before new rule changes(dec10) who had gap of 150days and was asked to apply after Dec13.

In all these examples there was no fees collected and case worker has dealt with cases.

During mine/my spouse visa (seperate appointments) we have been asked to pay the fees after case worker went through the application.

Hope it helps
    Many thanks for your clarification.
    In the second example why did they ask your friend to apply in liverpool?
    I understand Croydon but Liverpool I don't..please advise

mprmani
    Newly Registered

Post by mprmani » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 am

what is the procedure to book appointment in Solihull PEO because I am planning to book appointment in Apr-13. But the online page is not working always :(