ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Restricted Work

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rishi141
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Restricted Work

Post by Rishi141 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi,

I came to UK on 2nd December 2007 as a Work Permit Holder for an Indian Company.

1. Renewed my visa in November 2008 again as a WP holder for 2 years for the same company.
2. Renewed my visa again in November 2010 as ICT for the same company.(under long term established staff category)
3. Renewed my visa again in November 2011 as ICT for the same company.
4. Renewed my visa again in November 2012 as ICT for the same company.
(This was done even though i was eligible to apply for ILR since the company was not willing to give me mandatory letter stating they require me for job and pay me acc to SOC Code.)

I am paid above 40K for past 2 years or so..

To get the ILR done, i am exploring options and found out there are companies in the marked who can sponsor Tier 2 ICT Long Term Unrestricted work. Now my queries :-
1. I dont understand this category at all. How is it different from my current Tier 2 ICT Restricted Work category.
2. Will it be possible for me to get the ILR done in case i decide to switch to this category ' Tier 2 ICT Long Term Unrestricted ' category. Hopefully this wont be a hindrance for me to file an ILR.

Please reply at the earliest[/list]

sharadkc
Newly Registered

Post by sharadkc » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Check para 242 . The guidelines are for the sponser .
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Rishi141
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Rishi141 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:36 am

Does this allow me to find work like i can do under Tier 2 (General).