ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for Tier 1 General Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Documents required for Tier 1 General Extension

Post by hs_sdm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi All,

I am going for Tier 1 General extension, I would like to verify the documents to be attached.

Main applicant
Covering letter
Application form
Passport
Degree certificate
Payslips
Bank statements
Employer Reference letter

Additional documents
Birth Certificate
Letter from university for English requirement
Employer authorization letter for electronic payslips
Degree Transcripts
P60/P45 documents - for last two years
Utility Bills/Agreement copy
Tier 1 General initial application - approval letter

Dependant (spouse and Kid)
Two Application forms
Passports (both)
Marriage Ceritificate
Birth Certificate

Taken all copies of each document. Whether to take copies of passport all pages or stamped and personal details pages ? And anything additionaly required ?

Thanks

askhan
United Kingdom

Re: Documents required for Tier 1 General Extension

Post by askhan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 pm

hs_sdm wrote:Hi All,

I am going for Tier 1 General extension, I would like to verify the documents to be attached.

Main applicant
Covering letter
Application form
Passport
Degree certificate
Payslips
Bank statements
Employer Reference letter

Additional documents
Birth Certificate[no need]
Letter from university for English requirement[no need]
Employer authorization letter for electronic payslips
Degree Transcripts [no need]
P60/P45 documents - for last two years[no need]
Utility Bills/Agreement copy[no need]
Tier 1 General initial application - approval letter will do all the above

Dependant (spouse and Kid)
Two Application forms
Passports (both)
Marriage Ceritificate
Birth Certificate

6 pics???

Taken all copies of each document. Whether to take copies of passport all pages or stamped and personal details pages ? And anything additionaly required ?

Thanks
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Post by hs_sdm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:20 pm

I forgot to mention about photos. Thanks askhan to remind me.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Unless there is something that the application form doesn't cover that you really feel you need to tell the caseworker, a covering letter isn't required.

If you are using the same degree certificate as from your initial application, this is also not required (read the application form).

You only need two proofs of earnings (probably best are payslips and bank statements). You don't need employer reference letter and this the same source as payslips any way, so can't be used.

Birth certificate, English requirement, authorisation letter (???), degree transcripts, tax documents are NOT required. Utility bills and agreement also not required, but could be useful to prove co-habitation, but you are married after all with a marriage certificate.

And then rightly pointed out is the missing photos.

Not sure if you are going for PEO or postal application, but really, don't send/take documents which are not required. If PEO appointment, take the additional documents with you if it's going to make you feel better, but don't add it into the pack of documents and don't keep the copies of what's actually required with the copies of additional stuff you felt like copying.

From all the stories I've heard, I bet you that the reason caseworkers don't seem to be the happiest bunch around is because they spend more time trying to find relevant documentation and weeding through stuff they don't need to actually process an application.

It's good that you are prepared, but focus on what is actually required rather than wasting someone's time with so much documentation.

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Post by hs_sdm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks mulderpf. I am not including in the document list, just to keep the additional documents as backup in case of caseworker's queries.

How about passport copies ? Whether all pages are required or only visa page and personal details ?

askhan
United Kingdom

Re:

Post by askhan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:27 pm

visa page and first page.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:44 pm

hs_sdm wrote:How about passport copies ? Whether all pages are required or only visa page and personal details ?
Unused passport pages are not required. Just copy any pages which contain personal details, visa vignettes, entry, exit stamps etc...