ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Maintenance fund needed for ILR under Tier 1 General?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gabby

Is Maintenance fund needed for ILR under Tier 1 General?

Post by gabby » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Please is the evidence of maintenance fund needed for Indefinite leave to Remain under Tier 1 (General)? I cannot find it as being required in the website. Has anyone gotten the ILR without maintenance fund.

Bildor

Post by Bildor » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 pm

i dont believe maintenance fund is a requirement.
However i think you need to show proof of funds that you can maintain yourself and any dependants you may have. Unfortunately no set amount has been mentioned here.

Page 44 of SET (O) form has this at the bottom "Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 5).

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:31 pm

No, if you don't have any dependents applying with you, in your case.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

gabby

Post by gabby » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 pm

I have a dependant applying with me. Do I then require to show for the dependant?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:23 am

gabby wrote:I have a dependant applying with me. Do I then require to show for the dependant?
No
Goodluck.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 am

No fund maintaineance is needed for ILR.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

gabby

Post by gabby » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:47 am

Thank you all for your responses. Well appreciated.