ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa... Help Required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_immigrant

Spouse Visa... Help Required

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:28 am

I am here in UK on HSMP visa I have 35K per annum salaray. I went to Pakistan and got married in Dec 2006 and now I want apply visa for my wife at the moment my bank statement shows that I have just 3000 pound in my account and that will become around 5000 next by the end of this month when I get the salary from my office.

I have one bedroom flat for which pay 650 pounds a month.

My Question is that If I apply now for the visa then will there be any problem for me based on financials as 3000 pounds seems not a big amount.

I will be providing
• Completed VAF1 Form
• Copy of my passport pages and HSMP visa.
• Original bank statements with transaction from my company
• True Registered Translation and original marriage certificate
• Copy of my wife's National Identity Card
• Some pictures from our marriage event
• My Original Home Office approval letter
• Original offer letter and appointment letter
• Original pay slips of my Job
• Original bank statements for available
• My Original residence tenancy agreement, along with original council tax

Please also guide me if my wife need to submit any other documents e.g my or my wife's birth certificates. etc.

Thanks in Advance ,
Cheers
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:36 pm

Hello

Your case seems to be a pretty straight forward one. I don't think a saving of 3K should cause any problem. What I would advise you to do is to divide your application into folders / cover sheets.

1) Financial details
Bank statements, salary slips, letter from employer, EXTRA info would be if you can include your credit card statments in here.

2) Accomodation details
Tenency agreement and any extention, council tax bill

3) Personal details
certified copies of your passport / visa pages. Certified copy of your hsmp approval letter

4) Nikah nama (translated into english) + wedding photos.

I would suggest instead of sending orginals send them certified true copies from here. You can get them certified through any solicitor, just take the orginals and copies with you. Moreover do bargain, what I do is to call a few solicitors and ask them how much would they charge and x amount of documents and have always managed to bargain a decent price.

Moreover I would advise you that there is an english version of Nikah nama available as well. If you can get it filled with the same details as your urdu version and get it stamped by the registarar / Maulana that performed the nikah, it will save you from translation each time in future.

Best of luck.

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi
Thank you for good pieces of advice. Should I get the certified copies of these documents from here in UK as I already have certified copies in Pakistan which my wife can easily use from there and those are certified by oath commissioners.

The only thing remaining is which is not mentioned in your response is salary slips (whether originals are required or photocopies will suffice?)

Yes you are right about the English version of Nikkah nama. I already have the english registerd version of Nikkah Nama.

Thank you once again for helping me and giving me good tips.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Can you please let me know the list of solicitors who are eligible to certify according to home office?

Thank you.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:43 pm

Hiya, sorry forgot to mention salary slips, really important piece of evidence.

I have always used certified copies with my applications, never had a problem with them. Again, certification from UK or Pakistan is a personal choice, I would say do it from here. I guess all the solicitors here can actually do a certified true copies. Go to upmystreet.com and enter your post code and then search for solicitors around your area. Give them a call and ask how much will they charge for x number of pages. Do call a few and get a quote before hand.

You can also do a combination of both, i.e. some certified from UK and some from Pakistan.

I guess now a days it takes five working days for dependent visa from Islamabad.

Best of luck