ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atenftuk40
Newly Registered

Post by atenftuk40 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Thank you all for sharing your personal experience here.

I shared the frustration for the long waiting many of us currently suffer.

I applied on in June and had my biometrics done in August. It's been almost 7 months and I am still patiently waiting.

My case in my own view is very straight forward (6 year studying + 4.5 years Tier 2 working as in the City). UKBA might think otherwise - hence they have not touched the application yet. I called UKBA and the response was "Your application is not yet completed. You just have to wait and wait".

Seem like there is a massive backlog currently. Let's hope UKBA start the new year more efficiently.

rohitchy
Newly Registered

Re: Please include and update my time line

Post by rohitchy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi,
Sorry no update yet, Called UKBA and got the usual answer. I had holiday planned for this month and had to cancel. I also have a new job offer from my dream company GE, trying to hold it for few more weeks but if I cannot show them my ILR they will take back the job offer. What a painful situation I am now passing ! Inshallah will get it soon.

thanks
BobbyUKENG wrote:
rohitchy wrote:Hi,
Can some one please include me and update the time line please.

8 years student + 2 years PSW,

Application sent : 20/06/2012
Hi Rohit,

Just wanted to let you know even I applied exactly within the same time lines as yours.

Had my Bio metrics done in August 2012 and still not heard any thing from HO, I would appreciate if you can give me any updates for June applicants so that I will have an idea what;s happening with June applications.
Thanks in advance.
Bobby

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:46 pm

atenftuk40 wrote:

I applied on in June and had my biometrics done in August. It's been almost 7 months and I am still patiently waiting.
Hi,

Even I applied in June and still waiting and when I called them got the answer saying exactly same what they have said to you.

Please let me know if any updates why its taking so long time.

Thanks,
Bobby

Arulsan

Post by Arulsan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Thank you Damanisshallo,
I think I do not need to fill the section 4 at all as the title say “Dependent Children Who Are Applying with You”. As this section is about dependent children who are applying I can omit this section.
Also I cannot say no to question 4.1 (4.2, 4.3 are ok to say no) as we have two children and the first one already have a dependent visa and the second one is registered with birth registrar office. So the home office may refuse the application for false information. Please advise me if I am thinking in wrong way.
Also please help me to find an answer if the Home Office make any query about my two children and their maintenance fund wnen I show only £18600.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Arulsan wrote:Thank you Damanisshallo,
I think I do not need to fill the section 4 at all as the title say “Dependent Children Who Are Applying with You”. As this section is about dependent children who are applying I can omit this section.
Also I cannot say no to question 4.1 (4.2, 4.3 are ok to say no) as we have two children and the first one already have a dependent visa and the second one is registered with birth registrar office. So the home office may refuse the application for false information. Please advise me if I am thinking in wrong way.
Also please help me to find an answer if the Home Office make any query about my two children and their maintenance fund wnen I show only £18600.
please read the flr(m) guidance notes about filling section 4, it will say section 3 in 07/12 old form.

s4sam
Newly Registered

Good News - 7 months wait over!!

Post by s4sam » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:27 pm

All,

At last the wait is over!!!! Thats it!! :lol:
If any one wishes to update the spreadsheet.

Applied 06/06/2012
Bio metric enrolled 28/08/2012
Approved 03/01/2013. BRP recvd 07/01/2013
Useless Solicitor used.

:( wait was painful.........but its over :) .. Good luck all. I really hope all the genuine 10 yrs ppl go through, as they deserve it!. All the best.

S4SAM

z18runway

Re: Good News - 7 months wait over!!

Post by z18runway » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 pm

s4sam wrote:All,

Applied 06/06/2012
Useless Solicitor used.

:( wait was painful.........but its over :) .. Good luck all. I really hope all the genuine 10 yrs ppl go through, as they deserve it!. All the best.

S4SAM
Wonderful, i can see the happiness from your words, good luck

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Applied 06/06/2012
Useless Solicitor used.

S4SAM
Hi S4SAM

I applied round about same time as yours and had my biometric done on 25/08/2012 but I am still waiting.

Could u please tell me what documents you send in when you applied.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Congratulation S4SAM

all the best

regards

Rehan

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:56 am

[quote="as268"]Hi,

May I ask when you sent the application originally and how you found out that the application was voided? Had they even tried t contact you prior?
[/quote][/quote]

Hi as268,

May I ask what's happened to your application. Did it go through or have they sent it back.

K

Khall75

ILR missed the DX

Post by Khall75 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:05 am

Morning all,
After long wait (since 11th may 2012) this morning DX try to deliver a package but I missed it. I'm sure it was my bio card. Straight away phone the HO and they told me they sent me a package on Royal Mail on the 6/01(which is Sunday ) they gave me a tracking number. And that should b my passport and other documents. Asked DX to redeliver it and gonna be tomorrow in'sha allah. Don't knw how I will sleep tonight.
As I get any news will let u you knw.
Thanks for the support

khanjaan

Re: ILR missed the DX

Post by khanjaan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 am

Khall75 wrote:Morning all,
After long wait (since 11th may 2012) this morning DX try to deliver a package but I missed it. I'm sure it was my bio card. Straight away phone the HO and they told me they sent me a package on Royal Mail on the 6/01(which is Sunday ) they gave me a tracking number. And that should b my passport and other documents. Asked DX to redeliver it and gonna be tomorrow in'sha allah. Don't knw how I will sleep tonight.
As I get any news will let u you knw.
Thanks for the support
what is home office direct number if we need information
and many congratulations

dumba
Newly Registered

Home office number

Post by dumba » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:52 am

Home Office direct number is: 0870 606 7766.
There were other numbers in this thread - try to look back a few pages.

Congrats to everyone who got their long-awaited ILRs! New Year brings new happiness and surprises! :) Yaay! :)))

natisanga

congrats

Post by natisanga » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:53 am

Great news about people receiving their passports!!

Hopefully this new year will bring more good news (SOON!!!!).

close to the 6 months mark now (~2 weeks) for me ( not that the HO will care)... but anyway. ( end of July applicant).

I need to travel for work the latest in April, I pray I'll get everything sorted by then!!.

Best of luck to all and patience!!!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR missed the DX

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:08 pm

khanjaan wrote:what is home office direct number if we need information
Further Contact Numbers
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Khall75

Got it at last

Post by Khall75 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Guys I just got my documents delivered by Royal Mail. My passports and documents with a confirmation letter stating ILR granted on the 5th January 13.
Time line
Applied ILR set o 10 years: 11 may 12
Received by HO: 18 may 12
Money taken : 18 may 12
Acknowledgement letter: 22 may 12
Bio invitation: 31 August 12
Done the same day
Documents received :9 January 12
Bio will be delivered tomorrow

sunny0183
Newly Registered

Re: Got it at last

Post by sunny0183 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Does this mean Khall75 has to wait until 4th of Jan 2014 before he can apply for citizen ship or does the 1 year starts counting from the date of the application, 11th of May in his case

Khall75 wrote:Guys I just got my documents delivered by Royal Mail. My passports and documents with a confirmation letter stating ILR granted on the 5th January 13.
Time line
Applied ILR set o 10 years: 11 may 12
Received by HO: 18 may 12
Money taken : 18 may 12
Acknowledgement letter: 22 may 12
Bio invitation: 31 August 12
Done the same day
Documents received :9 January 12
Bio will be delivered tomorrow

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:23 pm

sunny0183 wrote:Does this mean Khall75 has to wait until 4th of Jan 2014 before he can apply for citizen ship or does the 1 year starts counting from the date of the application, 11th of May in his case
1 Yr from ILR issued date.
Immigration time restrictions wrote:You must be free from immigration time restrictions when you apply for naturalisation. Unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the residential qualifying period
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Yes I have to wait till 4th January 2014 to get the passport. But haa who cares now the main thing was the ILR which I got alhamdollillah. Waited for ten years so can wait for a year.
Thank you all and can some one update the skydive plz

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Punjabis wrote:

S4SAM
Hi S4SAM

I applied round about same time as yours and had my biometric done on 25/08/2012 but I am still waiting.

Could u please tell me what documents you send in when you applied.
Hi Punjabis,

Same here as well, given biometric on the date which you have given, still waiting and no update from HO and when called they said still its not yet completed.

Share your experiences any.
Thanks,
Bobby

let_koko

Congrats

Post by let_koko » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:11 pm

This is our year of freedom, I congratulate those that got their passport back with ILR, for those waiting, like me, it will definitely come through in no time IJN, Lets all have faith
Am very optimistic, it might come through before the stipulated 6 months because this is new year, they might want to clear the backlog before the end of January, who knows ?
Best of luck

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Can anyone please answer this question.

Is English Test A1 level which is a requirement for FLR m is good for ILR? I mean if you have A1 Level certificate of Trinity do you need to pass another test to apply for ILR as dependant of settled person, 10 years long.

Thanks.

sunny0183
Newly Registered

Post by sunny0183 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 pm

OK ...so what happens to people with their visa expired before getting their ILR. i thought the 1 year starts counting from the date of the last visa expiry if the decision was made after that. and If the decision was made before the last visa expiry date then it will be the ILR grant date.

Please correct me if i am wrong....

Damanisshallo wrote:
sunny0183 wrote:Does this mean Khall75 has to wait until 4th of Jan 2014 before he can apply for citizen ship or does the 1 year starts counting from the date of the application, 11th of May in his case
Immigration time restrictions wrote:You must be free from immigration time restrictions when you apply for naturalisation. Unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the residential qualifying period

Ged

Post by Ged » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:44 pm

stoorrey wrote:Can anyone please answer this question.

Is English Test A1 level which is a requirement for FLR m is good for ILR? I mean if you have A1 Level certificate of Trinity do you need to pass another test to apply for ILR as dependant of settled person, 10 years long.

Thanks.
If you are talking about 10 years long stay category, all you need is the life in UK test in order to prove your English requirement. No other document is required. A1 is not relevant for 10 year long stay category.

Ged

Post by Ged » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:55 pm

sunny0183 wrote:OK ...so what happens to people with their visa expired before getting their ILR. i thought the 1 year starts counting from the date of the last visa expiry if the decision was made after that. and If the decision was made before the last visa expiry date then it will be the ILR grant date.

Please correct me if i am wrong....

Damanisshallo wrote:
I have never heard what you are saying before. Damanisshallo's link seems to be definitive enough:

"You must be free from immigration time restrictions when you apply for naturalisation. Unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the residential qualifying period"

As you wait for a decision to be made about your most recent ILR application, you are still subject to the immigration restrictions of your previous visa even if it was expired while you wait.