ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

October2012applicant
Newly Registered

Re: Finally got my biometrics enrolled

Post by October2012applicant » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 am

October2012applicant wrote:
samestory wrote:Congratulations ID29 on your Biometric letter. You should be excited!
After ringing UKBA daily for the past month and a half, I have finally enrolled my biometrics information! So happy! At last, I feel some sort of movement with my application!

Visa type: FLR (M)
Switch from: PSW Tier 1
Application posted: 2 October 2012
Payment taken: Unknown (I submitted a bank draft)
Ack letter: Dated 21 Oct 2012 (received 25 October 2012)
Requested for Sponsor's (husband's) passport by submitting ROD form (specified that it is NOT a withdrawl of application): 24 December 2012
Biometric letter: 3 January 2013 (dated 28 December 2012)
Biometric enrolled: 4 January 2013
Sponsor's passport received: ________
Documents received: ________
BRP received: _________
We just received my husband's passport from UKBA as we requested for its return on Christmas eve. The Royal Mail 'Something for you' card made us worry all night long, I didn't think it was my husband's passport as I thought the letter would be addressed to him and not me. Glad it's not bad news!

Visa type: FLR (M)
Switch from: PSW Tier 1
Application posted: 2 October 2012
Payment taken: Unknown (I submitted a bank draft)
Ack letter: Dated 21 October 2012 (received 25 October 2012)
Requested for Sponsor's (husband's) passport by submitting ROD form (specified that it is NOT a withdrawl of application): 24 December 2012
Biometric letter: 3 January 2013 (dated 28 December 2012)
Biometric enrolled: 4 January 2013
Sponsor's passport received: 8 January 2013
Documents received: ________
BRP received: _________

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:33 pm

meemyself&I wrote:
At the back of my letter (a four page double sided letter), I have a page with information regarding "settlement Casework - Top enquiries", which gives a whole lot of information regarding expediting application, what the current visa status is whilst application is being decided etc.

I would like to know if this is the same type of letter others have received. The reason i am asking is because, my original application was mistakenly made as a SET M instead of FLR M.
When I recieved my biometrics letter it was only two pages, the first saying that I had to enroll and the second with a barcode that I needed to take with me to the post office. Nothing else. Maybe they are including more information when they send out biometrics..? Did you recieve something with a barcode on it?

Still.Waiting

?

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Seems like they have slowed down again. No visa news recently!

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:01 pm

still waiting .. your time line and my time line is pretty same... dont worry we will get ours soon. :)

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:24 pm

daiyan.suraya wrote:still waiting .. your time line and my time line is pretty same... dont worry we will get ours soon. :)
daiyan. suraya - Whats your timeline?
Application sent: 14-04-12
Acknowledgement: 25-04-12
Biometrics: 05-05-12
Requested sponsor's passport: 10-07-12
Passport received: 19-07-12
Contacted MP: 16-10-12
Documents received: 12-01-13
BRP received: still waiting

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm

flrm applied 13th april
bio. 11th may.. :D

mindhunter89
Newly Registered

After six month

Post by mindhunter89 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:12 pm

HI every one,

I called yesterday Home office twice after 6 months of waiting time

period But it wasn't Helpful At All.

I told him its urgent because my aunt died yesterday And I have to go

Back He Just Said its Still in progress But Didn't mention Any thing

else He Gave me Option for Withdrawal the case and wait 20 working

days I Thank Him for Great option btw what a great Idea he gave me

I already waited for 6 months and if I withdraw the Case it will take

another 20 Working days....

He gave me Fax number shall I do fax? will they respond my query ???

And what are the options to Contact them to speed up the process??

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: After six month

Post by mrsabih » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:58 pm

mindhunter89 wrote:HI every one,

I called yesterday Home office twice after 6 months of waiting time

period But it wasn't Helpful At All.

I told him its urgent because my aunt died yesterday And I have to go

Back He Just Said its Still in progress But Didn't mention Any thing

else He Gave me Option for Withdrawal the case and wait 20 working

days I Thank Him for Great option btw what a great Idea he gave me

I already waited for 6 months and if I withdraw the Case it will take

another 20 Working days....

He gave me Fax number shall I do fax? will they respond my query ???

And what are the options to Contact them to speed up the process??
hi the only suggestion i gave you just write written complaint and use strong words that your aunt died and explain you are not able to go just because of your visa is still in process
make them feel that you are requesting and also complaining
i think so it will help and they will speed up ur case
best of luck
Do good and get reward

Optimist2012
Newly Registered

wait finally over

Post by Optimist2012 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know my wait is finally over after 10 months, can't express my relief. Below is my timeline:

Applied for flr(m) on 27th of march 2012
Biometric enrolled on 16th of April 2012
Did contact ukba twice, once after completing 6 months and then 07th of January 2013 having the same reply 'case is under consideration'.
Brp delivery missed this morning, havenot rescheduled yet.
Documents received today 09th of January, the letter is dated 07tj of january the same day I rand ukba to track the progress of my application.

I am just ovet the moon, flying to prague in 2 weeks just to celebrate and release all this waiting frustration.

I thank everyone posting their experience on this forum, its extremely helpful and guiding.

Good luck to everyone with their applications.

Many thanks.

Still.Waiting

Re: wait finally over

Post by Still.Waiting » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Optimist2012 wrote:Hi everyone,

Just to let you know my wait is finally over after 10 months, can't express my relief. Below is my timeline:

Did contact ukba twice, once after completing 6 months and then 07th of January 2013 having the same reply 'case is under consideration'.
Documents received today 09th of January, the letter is dated 07tj of january the same day I rand ukba to track the progress of my application.

I am just ovet the moon, flying to prague in 2 weeks just to celebrate and release all this waiting frustration.

I thank everyone posting their experience on this forum, its extremely helpful and guiding.

Many thanks.
Congratulations Optimist2012! hopefully UKBA will get ball rolling again after a long pause. May I ask if UKBA asked for additional documents from you?
Application sent: 14-04-12
Acknowledgement: 25-04-12
Biometrics: 05-05-12
Requested sponsor's passport: 10-07-12
Passport received: 19-07-12
Contacted MP: 16-10-12
Documents received: 12-01-13
BRP received: still waiting

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Optimist2012 wrote:Hi everyone,

Many thanks.
Congratulation
Do good and get reward

Optimist2012
Newly Registered

Post by Optimist2012 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm

No they did not ask for any additional documents. Hope they will try clear rhe backlog, this waiting game is just not fair at all.

Thanks

quote="Still.Waiting"][quote="Optimist2012"]Hi everyone,

Many thanks.[/quote]

Congratulations Optimist2012! hopefully UKBA will get ball rolling again after a long pause. May I ask if UKBA asked for additional documents from you?[/quote]

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm

i think i should start adding to this thread. I applied for wife's FLR(M) application by post. Timelines as follow:

Application FLR(M) Posted: 4th November 2012
Acknowledgement: 26 November 2012

Just rang them today to find out where the heck is biometrics invitation letter and been told it hasn't been sent yet and that we should continue to wait.

The appalling thing is that all my documents including my ILR BRP are with them as well and we are wanting to book flights for holidays in next 3 months. Its looking quite dim at the moment. What a joke ?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

FLR(M) Biometrics

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 pm

innocentdevil wrote:we are wanting to book flights for holidays in next 3 months. Its looking quite dim at the moment. What a joke ?
Only to warn you even before you think of booking a holiday. The current waiting time is atleast 6 months from bio-metric submission date (Apparently). If sources are to be believed the UKBA are currently dealing with the applicants who submitted their Bio-metrics in April. I hope you can Imagine where would your case fall.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: FLR(M) Biometrics

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:we are wanting to book flights for holidays in next 3 months. Its looking quite dim at the moment. What a joke ?
Only to warn you even before you think of booking a holiday. The current waiting time is atleast 6 months from bio-metric submission date (Apparently). If sources are to be believed the UKBA are currently dealing with the applicants who submitted their Bio-metrics in April. I hope you can Imagine where would your case fall.

wtf :shock: :shock:

seeing as the wife hasn't received even an invitation letter for biometrics, its not looking good.

Also, do you know whether after biometrics, whether they send the docs back (Sponsor's ) or do they just keep it indefinitely until the visa is issued?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) Biometrics

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:41 pm

innocentdevil wrote: wtf :shock: :shock:
My suggestion to the above is to read this before posting.
innocentdevil wrote:Also, do you know whether after biometrics, whether they send the docs back (Sponsor's ) or do they just keep it indefinitely until the visa is issued?
Not unless you request them back. However, once the bio-metrics are submitted you can make a ROD request. Make sure you mention that you are only requesting your documents and Not withdrawing your partner's application.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:16 pm

any one on here whose done ROD procedure successfully ?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:34 pm

innocentdevil wrote:any one on here whose done ROD procedure successfully ?
Look for the comments column in here and you should find someone who has done this.
Skydrives, Templates

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:any one on here whose done ROD procedure successfully ?
Look for the comments column in here and you should find someone who has done this.
ta

steve1985
Newly Registered

Post by steve1985 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:44 pm

Just wanted to say how helpful this site has been...its good to know its not just my wife and I going through this process.

I met my wife whilst travelling in Japan, she moved over to the UK under the Youth Mobility scheme in Feb 2011. We got married in December 2012. Her YMS visa is due to expire on Feb 15th 2013 so its not far off.

We are applying for the FLR (M) visa...however today on the phone i was told that she would have to return to japan and under no circumstances can it be extended. It seems though that it depends on who you speak to a the border agency as another worker has confirmed that its fine to extend.

As she is Japanese she also needed to complete English Language tests...these results will come next friday. We will then be sending in all paperwork into the Border Agency.

Our questions are...

If our paperwork is recieved before the YMS expires my wife will be able to remain until the FLR decision is reached won't she?

has anyone come across this...
http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/Advice ... vice.asp#0

we were wondering if we did this would we still need to submit our passports...im especially reluctant to give up my passport for 6...7...8 months.

and, can she actually transfer from YMS to the FLR?

thanks for all replies. and good luck

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:34 am

steve1985 wrote:can she actually transfer from YMS to the FLR?
Follow post here

My piece of advise is to go for premium service. Even though it costs you bit more but it is worth as the waiting time is 6-8 months.

However, if you decide otherwise then you can always request back your passport by using the ROD Form.
Skydrives, Templates

rosefawkes
Newly Registered

Post by rosefawkes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Yes, I'd say do Premium! OR, have her apply from Japan, as it is likely to be 3 months from home country, which is FAR better than 9 or 10 months waiting.....
Oh, had I only known last year what I know now!

AussieBlueJeans
Newly Registered

Post by AussieBlueJeans » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:46 pm

rosefawkes wrote: Oh, had I only known last year what I know now!
Me too!!

auzaman

Post by auzaman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi All,
After almost 9months of waiting my wife has received her FLR

Application Received: 7 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 27 April 2012
Documents Received: 11 January 2013
BRP Received: 11 January 2013

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:01 pm

congrats auzaman :D