ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Croydon 07/01/2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xpscapable
Australia

ILR success @ Croydon 07/01/2013

Post by xpscapable » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks to this forum our ILR application went through successfully @ Croydon on 07/01/2013.

Mine was rather straight forward, I had HSMP + Tier 1 + another Tier 1 extension. Initially was contracting but have been permanent in the past couple of years so income is easy to proof.

The only slight complication is that my wife has not been a dependant for over 2 years although we have been living together for longer than the requirement. Was a little worried because reading from this forum that there could be issues at the PEO.

11:45 arrived at Croydon - within 5 minutes we got through the waiting room, security and into the check-in counter
12:00 completed payment
12:15 completed registration
12:30 completed biometric
13:00 saw a case worker. While reviewing the doc she consulted her supervisor and told us there is a "problem". She saw on my wife visa that she only became my Tier 1 dependent less than 2 years. We told her that we have been living together for more than 2 years so should be OK. She went back to her supervisor and cleared our case. She took all our docs and the photocopies and told us will be around 2 hours. We could leave and come back around 3pm if want to.

15:15 called back to counter, was told that ILR was granted and our BRP should be in 7 working days. All good - celebration time :)

Thanks again for everyone in this forum, it has been immensely helpful in answering our questions, filling the forms and gathering documentation.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 am

Congrats and Welcom to ILR Club .
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

sam2012

Post by sam2012 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 am

Hello xpscapable,

Congratulations for your ILR.

Can you please eloborate your dependents visa status.

How long was your wife in UK for ?
How long were you living together ?
Did CW check your dependents passport for exit and entry dates?
Did CW ask any further questions ?

thanks
This forum has helped me since last 5 years to get my HSMP , Tier 1 extn and ILR. I really appreciate all the forum members for keeping it Live!

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:40 pm

sam2012 wrote: How long was your wife in UK for ?
How long were you living together ?
Did CW check your dependents passport for exit and entry dates?
Did CW ask any further questions ?
- 3 years
- 3 years
- Don't know, if she did, it was done at her desk (we couldn't see her doing any of her job)
- Nope, just that one question which we were prepared and half expected to be queried

sam2012

Post by sam2012 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:36 pm

thank you for the reply.

I hope they wont check the passport exit and entry dates.
This forum has helped me since last 5 years to get my HSMP , Tier 1 extn and ILR. I really appreciate all the forum members for keeping it Live!

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Congratulations and happy new year.
Could you please let me know the date you first entered UK and the expiry date of your current visa T1(G).
Thanks in advance

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:52 pm

stokbrig wrote:Congratulations and happy new year.
Could you please let me know the date you first entered UK and the expiry date of your current visa T1(G).
Thanks in advance
Why does it matter?

First entry July 2006
Tier 1 (G) expires May 2013

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm

xpscapable wrote:
stokbrig wrote:Congratulations and happy new year.
Thanks in advance
Why does it matter?

First entry July 2006
Tier 1 (G) expires May 2013
Thanks for your reply.
Did you apply within 28 days of 5th anniversary?

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:30 pm

No - I have months left on my Tier 1. I've always extended > 6 months before the visa expired due to travel planning & management. So I have 1 more extension than needed, i.e. 3 + 2.