ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expires in August - Where to Renew

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

erpfresh

Passport expires in August - Where to Renew

Post by erpfresh » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Dear All,

My child's Indian passport is going to be expired soon, as it was only given for 5 years, what is the process to renew the passport and where do I go.

Thanks all in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:39 pm

High Commission of India

Do note that there is a consular surcharge of 2 quids on all applications (not mentioned on the passport services page of the website).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Thank you so much for your reply Sushdmehta.

One more small query,

Is there any option to apply in person, if so is the child required to go to the consulate or is it alright to take only the child's passport along with the parents passports

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Parent(s) may apply in-person on behalf of the child.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Thank you so much again for your reply

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:59 pm

Hi Sushdmehta,

I have to apply for my child's passport renewal at CGI Birmingham, they have asked to fill the application form for renewal along with affidavit duly signed from Notary Public for change in appearance(I have not seen this requirement in London)

http://www.cgibirmingham.org/index.php? ... ages&id=19 IV. Passport for a child

I have 3 questions

1. Is it required to get the affidavit signed and stamped by Notary Public
2. They have asked for old and new photographs, do I need to have the same old photograph that is on the passport or any childhood photograph
3. Any idea of how long the tokens are issued at Birmingham (it is written that tokens are issued till 12 noon in london, no idea for Birmingham), as it takes nearly 3 hrs to travel to Birmingham from my place

Thanks in advance

RK1
Newly Registered

Child Passport renewal in Birmingham

Post by RK1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:40 am

erpfresh wrote:Hi Sushdmehta,

I have to apply for my child's passport renewal at CGI Birmingham, they have asked to fill the application form for renewal along with affidavit duly signed from Notary Public for change in appearance(I have not seen this requirement in London)

I have 3 questions

2. They have asked for old and new photographs, do I need to have the same old photograph that is on the passport or any childhood photograph
3. Any idea of how long the tokens are issued at Birmingham (it is written that tokens are issued till 12 noon in london, no idea for Birmingham), as it takes nearly 3 hrs to travel to Birmingham from my place

Thanks in advance

I have a similar situation with passport renewal for my child whose passport is expiringn in june. I will be going to Birmingham..
I would like to know if the notorization is a must and also what documents are actually required as the Birmingham and London websites have different details..

erpfresh, I hope you would have got your childs passport, can you pl. help me with your experience

Sushdmehta, Pl. help as well

Thanks to you in advance

RK1
Newly Registered

Re: Child Passport renewal in Birmingham

Post by RK1 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 pm

RK1 wrote:
erpfresh wrote:Hi Sushdmehta,

I have 3 questions

Thanks in advance

I have a similar situation with passport renewal for my child whose passport is expiringn in june. I will be going to Birmingham..
I would like to know if the notorization is a must and also what documents are actually required as the Birmingham and London websites have different details..

erpfresh, I hope you would have got your childs passport, can you pl. help me with your experience

Sushdmehta, Pl. help as well

Thanks to you in advance
Appreciate any help from anyone who have done children passport renewal at Birmingham

Thanks in advance

GreatMechEngr
Newly Registered

Re:Child Passport renewal in Birmingham

Post by GreatMechEngr » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:31 pm

In 2007, I have renewed my son's passport in CGI-Birmingham when we were living in Stockport.

First I have gone alone with all documents (without affidavit) and they rejected & asked me to come with my son.

Next time, I went with my son, done the affidavit there (with old photo per old passport and new photo) at CGI-Birmingham - charged only £8 for affidavit at that time and then only allowed me to apply for renewal of Passport. Provided special delivery envelope for return of passports & collection of my son's passport. It took a long time to get the passport.

It was a bad experience..but was long time back. So, I don't know what is the current situation.

Thought to share with you.

RK1
Newly Registered

Re:Child Passport renewal in Birmingham

Post by RK1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:35 pm

GreatMechEngr wrote:In 2007, I have renewed my son's passport in CGI-Birmingham when we were living in Stockport.

First I have gone alone with all documents (without affidavit) and they rejected & asked me to come with my son.

Next time, I went with my son, done the affidavit there (with old photo per old passport and new photo) at CGI-Birmingham - charged only £8 for affidavit at that time and then only allowed me to apply for renewal of Passport. Provided special delivery envelope for return of passports & collection of my son's passport. It took a long time to get the passport.

It was a bad experience..but was long time back. So, I don't know what is the current situation.

Thought to share with you.
Thanks for the details..

Any recent experiences from anyone..? appreciate your help