ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INVITING MOTHER TO UK - (Family Visitor)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jason77

INVITING MOTHER TO UK - (Family Visitor)

Post by jason77 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:29 pm

HELLO!

I would like to invite my mother to the UK to visit me for one week during my time off from work. Her entire stay is being sponsored by my sibling ie flight tickets and spending money.

The whole of our stay will be in a Hotel in London since this is where our main entertainment will be as the town where i live has no worthwhile entainment for someone coming from abroad. It also works out cheaper than for us to commute daily to London from where i live which is about 2hrs into London.

The application form requires an address to where she will be living while she is here. Do I put the hotel address where we will be staying or my home address? Our whole stay will be at the hotel

Thank you once again in advance for your invaluable advice

srik_1983

Re: INVITING MOTHER TO UK - (Family Visitor)

Post by srik_1983 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:12 pm

From memory. there are 2 forms VFS A or B, please go through this and selecting the right version will answer your query.

You could put your home address and later stay in the hotel ... It will be hard to explain this staying arrangement on an application form, if you are sponsoring.

If you are an Indian National, I only recently found out that the Indian High Commission in Strand, London provide a sponsorship letter. This can be downloaded on their website, costs around £10 and adds weight to your application.

jason77 wrote:HELLO!

I would like to invite my mother to the UK to visit me for one week during my time off from work. Her entire stay is being sponsored by my sibling ie flight tickets and spending money.

The whole of our stay will be in a Hotel in London since this is where our main entertainment will be as the town where i live has no worthwhile entainment for someone coming from abroad. It also works out cheaper than for us to commute daily to London from where i live which is about 2hrs into London.

The application form requires an address to where she will be living while she is here. Do I put the hotel address where we will be staying or my home address? Our whole stay will be at the hotel

Thank you once again in advance for your invaluable advice