ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What if change of circumstances once application submitted?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoHopeful

What if change of circumstances once application submitted?

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm finally working, but wont be earning enough to apply for my husband in Jamaica until I start working full time the end of this month. Because I am only agency, although i expect to be working part time for atleast 6 months, this is not guaranteed.

As soon as I have 24 payslips on 36 hours my husband will submit his application, but my question is what if my hours/salary are reduced whilst the application is being reviewed? Will this affect the application?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Anyone?

Application would be correct at time of submission, but it could take weeks/months for a response and being a temporary worker, my situation could change in that time.

srik_1983

Post by srik_1983 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 pm

You need to meet the requirements at the time of submitting an application.

Having said that, in some instances, they ask for more information regarding certain aspects of the application. In your case, if this relates to employment, it might be difficult to explain.

You say 24 payslips, I am not sure why? You need to show either last 12 months pay slips or 6 months depending on how long you were in employment on that specified income.

SoHopeful wrote:Anyone?

Application would be correct at time of submission, but it could take weeks/months for a response and being a temporary worker, my situation could change in that time.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:53 pm

The relevant date is the date the application is considered, so if you met the rules at the date of application, but by the time the application is considered did not, the application could be refused. However clearly it will only be if the ECO contacts your employer or asks you for up to date information that s/he will know that you no longer meet the rules.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:49 pm

srik_1983 wrote:You need to meet the requirements at the time of submitting an application.

Having said that, in some instances, they ask for more information regarding certain aspects of the application. In your case, if this relates to employment, it might be difficult to explain.

You say 24 payslips, I am not sure why? You need to show either last 12 months pay slips or 6 months depending on how long you were in employment on that specified income.
The relevant date is the date the application is considered, so if you met the rules at the date of application, but by the time the application is considered did not, the application could be refused. However clearly it will only be if the ECO contacts your employer or asks you for up to date information that s/he will know that you no longer meet the rules.
Thanks guys - makes sense as frustrated as its left me!
Srik_1983 - I would have to submit 24 payslips because I am paid weekly, I assume??

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:03 am

Ok, having read this for the millionth time....

5. Salaried Employment
5.1. Category A: With the current employer for 6 months or more
Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the point of application and has been with the same employer and earning the salary level relied upon for at least the last 6 months, the applicant can count the gross annual salary (at its lowest level in the 6 months prior to the date of application) towards the financial requirement.

1) When is the actual date the application is made? Date the documents and biometrics are submitted?
2) If so, if my overtime ended after this date, would the text above not indicate that that would be no reason for refusal??
3) Also, the likelihood of employers being contacted given explicit guidance on what is needed to prove finance??

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Any ideas about the above questions?

Also - my agency sends my payslips via email as PDF attachments. If I print this with a letter hopefully from the payroll dept to confirm and letters from a senior at the agency and the manager I actually work for will the PDFs be acceptable?