ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tomorrow - Urgent and Important Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

December31

ILR Tomorrow - Urgent and Important Query

Post by December31 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 pm

I have ILR in-person appointment tomorrow at 11.00 am (Liverpool), I am currently on Tier 1..I was cross checking my document and spotted that my employment letter given by my HR states that I am working at a client loaction in London .............when infact the client I am working for is located in East midlands .......and I live and work in east midlands.

I understand that Employment letter is not required for Tier 1, only payslips and bank statemets are mandatory, however it appears some of the caseworker are asking it occasionally.

I have 2 options now...

1. Logon to my company website and generate an online employment verification letter myself with correct work location....which means it will not have a stamp and sign...and may not be valid

2. Submit the one I have with incorrect work location and Inform the case worker upfront that there is mistake in that letter....

Can senior members give advice which option is the better ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Tomorrow - Urgent and Important Query

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 pm

December31 wrote: I understand that Employment letter is not required for Tier 1
A letter from an employer would be used to confirm salary in lieu of other evidence that was lacking. It's not necessary that an employer confirms your retention, as with Tier 2 migrants.
December31 wrote:however it appears some of the caseworker are asking it occasionally.
What is the source of this highly dubious information if it's with regard to retention rather than salary confirmation in lieu?
Last edited by Lucapooka on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December31

Post by December31 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Worry: Even if it not required, if the case worker asks, we have to submit it. The letter my HR gave has incorrect work location

Source: I read it in another post from a member of this forum

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:20 pm

December31 wrote:I read it in another post from a member of this forum
So, then it must be true. Everything written on this forum by absolutely anyone is completely correct and accurate.

December31

Post by December31 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Lucapooka - I am looking for some helpful answers from forum members who want to help.........please don't post any thing if you don't want to help...I am hopeful that other member would help

December31

Post by December31 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Moderators - I posted this in wrong forum by mistake.......I have now posted this in ILR forum...You can delete this from here