ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Medical Council (GMC) registration under EC rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:19 pm

dranil wrote:she works in london 3 days in a week and 4 days she stays in ireland.
she doesnt work in ireland.i work in ireland. she comes under self sufficient person?
Does she have a comprehensive sickness insurance cover in Ireland?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dranil
Newly Registered

Post by dranil » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:05 am

sushdmehta wrote:
dranil wrote:she works in london 3 days in a week and 4 days she stays in ireland.
she doesnt work in ireland.i work in ireland. she comes under self sufficient person?
Does she have a comprehensive sickness insurance cover in Ireland?
i am not sure .. she has one in UK, is that valid through out EU?
i can double check it . what if she has?will it serve the purpose?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:48 pm

It is my understanding that a EEA national requires comprehensive medical insurance in the host member state to be considered as "self-sufficient" person under EU directives.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dranil
Newly Registered

Post by dranil » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:06 pm

sushdmehta wrote:It is my understanding that a EEA national requires comprehensive medical insurance in the host member state to be considered as "self-sufficient" person under EU directives.
so obtaining a comprehensive medical insurance will help?

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:02 pm

"On Wednesday night, Andrew Lansley, the Health Secretary, said he was already seeking to stop doctors with poor English practising in this country but added that he was concerned about the impact of EU diktats."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... n-NHS.html

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 am

as now my FP issued Allhumdulillah

now my next step is to apply for plab exemption with gmc any advice on this issue?

i have to contact gmc thru email and ask them what to do further

they ask for residence proof i think...so in case if they ask can i give them my cousin address in uk where i will stay initially after arrival?would that suffice or should i take my own residence in uk and then apply for it?

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

JUST A REMINDER

Post by nonspecifics » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Just a reminder that : " The language of this board is English."

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:31 pm

yes and our medium of instruction was also english

i think so i would contact gmc tmorrow

Memmess
Newly Registered

GMC registration for a non EEA doctor with EC rights

Post by Memmess » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Hello guys
I was wondering about my chance of being registred in the GMC under EC rights.....Have u seen any similar cases????
I currently live in France and we plan to move to UK , but i'm not authorised to practice medicine in France.
Thanks alot for ur help

khandolphin
Newly Registered

help GMC registeration

Post by khandolphin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:43 pm

hi, i am a wife of British national and i have ILR .....
i wnat to know that if i and my husband goes to any Eu country for 3 months and after that come back to UK then
can i exempt for plab and get registeration from GMC.

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Re: help GMC registeration

Post by dradilmahmood » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:26 pm

[quote="khandolphin"] hi, i am a wife of British national and i have ILR .....
i wnat to know that if i and my husband goes to any Eu country for 3 months and after that come back to UK then
can i exempt for plab and get registeration from GMC. [/quote]

he have to work in another eu country so that you can apply for gmc plab exemption

NG1983
United Kingdom

Post by NG1983 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:04 pm

hi guys [please i need an update on this exemption, as i think i can be exempted based on thefact that i obtained my primary medical qualification outside EU/UK but am married to an EEA national residing in uk....and exercising treaty right with me obtaining a resiency permit...please what document does GMC need, how do i contact gmc, i had aleeady done and was told if i think i can qualify as anexempt person i should provide the required document.please i need someone who has bn there to help me with the list of documents...please guys i need help asap/,HOW DO I PROCEED???i think i have all the documents, but i need to know the documents that r requested.....pls guys help
PRICELESS

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Yes you have to apply providing evidence of ur spouse exercising treaty rights only copies

Your valid family permit or residence card copy
Your degree copy
Your internship certificate copy
Your experience certificate copies
They can ask other things like consultant report forms to be filled by ur consultant
And any other things dependent on your case

NG1983
United Kingdom

Post by NG1983 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:36 pm

dradilmahmood wrote:Yes you have to apply providing evidence of ur spouse exercising treaty rights only copies

Your valid family permit or residence card copy
Your degree copy
Your internship certificate copy
Your experience certificate copies
They can ask other things like consultant report forms to be filled by ur consultant
And any other things dependent on your case

please how did you contact GMC/?ON THE PHONE, OFFICE ETC, ANY NO TO GET INTOUCH, DO YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE CERT ICATE OF GOOD STANDING?OR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE , OR PARTNERS PASSPORT OR ID CARD..DO I NEED TO PROVIDE PARTNERS PAYSLIP, EMPLOYMENT CONTRCT.WHICH ONE IS CONSULTANT REPORT FORM, I GUESS THE INTERNSHIP CERTIFICATE AND EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE ARE THOSE FORM,A THATY YOU FILLED TOWRDS THE END OF YOUR INTERNSHIP, THAT WERE SIGNED BY YOUR CONSULTANT...

MY CASE IS A NON EU DOCTOR OBTAINED PRIMARY MEDICAL CERTIFICATE OUTSIDE EEA/UK BUT WHO IS MARRIED TO AN EEA IN UK EXERCISING TREATY RIGHT, I HAVE MY RESIDENCE CARD.DO I NEED TO PROVIDE ANY DOCUMENT FROM MY PARTNER?PLEASE REPLY BCOS I WANT TO MAKE THE APPLICATION NEXTWEEK.
AGAIN DOC, HOW DID YOU CONTACT GMC TO PROCEED WT YOU APPLICATION
PRICELESS

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:03 pm

I have written in your pvt msg the docs i provided with my application

And for application you have to contact gmc by email

You can contact them by phone also for quick response

Memmess
Newly Registered

self-sufficiency

Post by Memmess » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:35 am

Guys.....Does any body know the upper & lower limits for self-sufficiency so as to prove that my partner has treaty rights???[/u][/b]

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Clearly there is no upper limit. The person can be as rich as you could possibly imagine!

Lower limit? That is only defined in the sense that it needs to be clear that the person can survive without any public funds being required.

That is liable to vary from person to person, if only because housing costs can vary so much.
John

logical_1

Post by logical_1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Any updates @ Dr.Adil Mahmood and Chursy.
Just wanted to know if your registration went successful with GMC as i'll be in the same position as u once were.
Let us know.
Thanks.
Last edited by logical_1 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did u sell your soul for a mere stack?

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:26 pm

nahh still in process

they closed my application twice

i left with one of the document they asked me to gather but unfortunately i am not able to get that document

drashidaziz
Newly Registered

Post by drashidaziz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi guys;
I am new on this forum but have been watching all the posts on this forum and topic for ages.
I am in a similar position as I am husband of british national and we have been living together in UK. Now we have moved to Ireland and living together. My wife is employed in Ireland for almost 1 month. I am non eea national graduated from romania(eu country).
I want to get exemption for plab from GMC. I would just like to ask that can I apply GMC now after she has worked 1 month in Ireland because on GMC EC RIGHTS FACTSHEET, is not written anywhere that how long she should be employed for in eu country.

So, when can I apply GMC registration on the basis that she is exercising her eu treaty rights in Ireland as a worker.
I would appreciate for your advice.

Regards
Dr. Rashid

annagho
Newly Registered

Post by annagho » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:37 am

hi, I have a question regarding GMC and exempt persons. I've seen a lot if very competent and useful info, so decided to ask my question.

I am a British citizen and my fiance whom I am marrying on 25 of Jan is non-EEA citizen (lives in Austria under student visa for the past 5 years). She is studying at a medical school in Austria and will be qualified next year. As she will be moving to UK, she has to apply to GMC in the next 6-7 months. So I have moved to Austria in order to exercise my rights as a self-sufficient person.

I have two questions please:

1) When we will move back to UK in 3-4 months, will I have to provide some evidence of working in UK? I am asking because, currently I have arranged a non-official arrangement with my line manager whereby I am working from Austria for few months and traveling regularly to London. I am employed by UK company and getting paid in UK.

2) What is the difference between Spouse visa, familly permit (VAF-5) and residence card (EEA2). What is the best one to get and more importantly can my wife apply for GMC and start her medical training (Foundation year 1) with VAF-5, given she will apply for residence card ones here.

thanks again

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:11 am

The problem as I see it is that because you are claiming to exercise Treaty Rights as a self-sufficient person, you cannot use the Surinder Singh route, where specifically the exercise of Treaty Rights must either be as an employed person or self-employed person.

Accordingly it appears that the only way of getting your wife (as she will be) to the UK wll be to apply for a spouse visa, under UK immigration rules. And that means that she will not be in the UK exercising EU Treaty Rights.

Therefore she will not have a document listed in 3a :-
An EEA family permit, residence card or permanent residency card issued by the UK Home Office; or (except in the case of an extended family member)
-: and therefore I cannot see how she can qualify as an exempt person.

3a? Go back to the very start of this topic, indeed to its very first post, then click on the link therein.

But is it important that your wife qualifies as an exempt person? Being qualified from a medical school in Austria, will she have any problem registering in the normal way?
John

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:46 am

As annagho only plans to return to UK in about 3-4 months from now, there is still time to find a job in Austria, so he can claim to exercise treaty rights as a worker and qualify for the Surinder Singh route.
Apparently he doesn't need the money (being self-sufficient already) so any low-paid, part-time job will be sufficient.

After all, his wife (non-EEA as he writes) not only needs to register with GMC, she also needs the right to live and work in the UK.

logical_1

Post by logical_1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 am

If the qualifications are obtained within the EU then there is no need to sit the GMC or GDC exams.One can apply directly for the recognition provided the qualifications were obtained from an EEA country.
Did u sell your soul for a mere stack?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:00 am