ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SpiderKing

English Language Requirement

Post by SpiderKing » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:00 am

Hi All,

I have received a letter from university stating that medium of instruction were english in my degree course.

I found one issue for which I would like to seek advice from experts.

The letter head of university do not contain contact details like address, telephone number etc.

It has just university name with university logo, though the letter is signed by examination controller with department's seal.

Could you pls suggest if this is ok to go?

Regards
SK

foobar
Newly Registered

University Letter

Post by foobar » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:07 pm

Not sure whether address & phone no. is mandatory. My letter was accepted, it has address of university but no telephone no.

SpiderKing

Post by SpiderKing » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks foobar,

Any other experience pls?

funny_009

Post by funny_009 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:40 am

Hi Foobar,

Please can you tell us from which university, From where you are graduated,

Regards

SpiderKing

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by SpiderKing » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi All,

Any opinion on my below question? I would appreciate any kind of opinion/ Suggestions / Experience on this matter.

Regards
SK

SpiderKing wrote:Hi All,

I have received a letter from university stating that medium of instruction were english in my degree course.

I found one issue for which I would like to seek advice from experts.

The letter head of university do not contain contact details like address, telephone number etc.

It has just university name with university logo, though the letter is signed by examination controller with department's seal.

Could you pls suggest if this is ok to go?

Regards
SK

sia2001

english requriement

Post by sia2001 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:29 am

i have uk masters. do i have to have ielts as well. i did my ielts in 2001 with 7 band. is that okay>?

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: english requriement

Post by T_mahmood » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:23 am

sia2001 wrote:i have uk masters. do i have to have ielts as well. i did my ielts in 2001 with 7 band. is that okay>?
Hi there

1- If you have not done Bachelor from British University then you have to do IELTS. I did Masters from a UK uni but still I have to do IELTS.

2)- IELTS is valied only for 2 years. In your case it is risky to apply with such old IELTS result.

I would suggest you to go though IELTS again to be on safe side.

indian234

Post by indian234 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 am

hi mahmood,

i dont think u need to take up IELTS as u have done your masters in UK. You can get letter from your university which is enough for your english language requirement. I suggest IELTS for the people who dont have degree from UK.

regards,
Ram

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:37 am

Hi Ram

Well you NEED ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIRMENT eve if you did Masters from a British Uni. Guiadence notes clearly say that...only bachelor not Masters.
CAN ANYONE ELSE confirm this plz?
tahir

HERE IS THE EXTRACT FROM GUIDENCE NOTES

'Evidence required
In order to demonstrate the required knowledge of English, you must provide one of the following forms of evidence:
an IELTS Test Report Form, issued in the two years prior to the date that the application was received by Work Permits (UK), at Band 6 or above; or
evidence that you hold a Bachelors degree that was taught in English, and is of an equivalent level to a UK Bachelors degree.

Please note – whilst a Bachelors degree that meets the requirements specified above will normally be accepted for the purposes of satisfying the English language requirement of your application, higher level degrees (such as Masters or PhDs) and professional/vocational qualifications will not. '
indian234 wrote:hi mahmood,

i dont think u need to take up IELTS as u have done your masters in UK. You can get letter from your university which is enough for your english language requirement. I suggest IELTS for the people who dont have degree from UK.

regards,
Ram

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:55 pm

T_mahmood is correct
He still need to take IELTS test because he did not do Bachelors degree in the UK. Doing Master's degree in the UK will not be acceptable as prove of english for HSMP.

Pantaiema

indian234 wrote:hi mahmood,

regards,
Ram