ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Belfast or sheffield??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

Belfast or sheffield??

Post by vhathiramani » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 am

Hi,
I am a self employed dentist , was on work permit, started on jan 13th 2008 . My tier 1 is valid till 2014. due for ilr, i got 2 appointments one in belfast on jan 29th and one two weeks after that in sheffield. I live in newcastle so sheffield is convenient but am debating as belfast is a good peo. the minus point is that I have 3 dependants to travel with ....please advise
vimal

stokbrig

Re: Belfast or sheffield??

Post by stokbrig » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:14 am

vhathiramani wrote:Hi,
I am a self employed dentist , was on work permit, started on jan 13th 2008 . My tier 1 is valid till 2014. due for ilr, i got 2 appointments one in belfast on jan 29th and one two weeks after that in sheffield. I live in newcastle so sheffield is convenient but am debating as belfast is a good peo. the minus point is that I have 3 dependants to travel with ....please advise
vimal
Hi Vimal, What do you mean by Belfast is a good PEO? and how do you know it is good?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 am

If you are looking for a good pub, you can refer to The Good Pub Guide. I'm not aware that PEOs, intended to offer a uniform product, are reviewed by their clients and graded according to the standard of service offered. Are you asking about the parking or bathroom facilities (baby changing room) in that location, or perhaps if they have drinks vending machine?

Furthermore, unless a member of this community has been to both facilities (unlikely), he would hardly be in a position to make a comparison.

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

Post by vhathiramani » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:38 am

Hi,
just going by others testimonials, almost everyone who has gone there praises the belfast peo, the staff etc...so that is what i meant by good
vimal

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 am

Your question makes no sense if you actually understand the immigration process. Your application is supposed to be given exactly the same treatment irrespective of the location. Just because someone has a good experience in Belfast does not mean that Belfast takes a lenient approach. That application was unique to that applicant who met the requirements of the immigration rules. He would have been given the same result in any of the PEOs, but as he did not attend another PEO, his comment on his Belfast experience is worthless to you and your enquiry.

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

Post by vhathiramani » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:53 am

I get your point. However applicants in Solihull get their documents reviewd first and then pay...but to repeat i get your point though..
vimal

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:59 am

You should attend a PEO that is convenient to your location where you can secure an appointment. Selectively choosing a PEO that is remote from your location, on the very dubious rumour that they are acting as something of a sanctuary, is completely misguided.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 am

Holding two appointment is not right. You are depriving others of the opportunity to book an appointment while you seek to get advice (FOR FREE) in this forum.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

stokbrig

Re: Belfast or sheffield??

Post by stokbrig » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 am

vhathiramani wrote:Hi,
vimal
Can you please advise on getting more than one appointment with 3 dependants? with 2 it's a nightmare!

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

Post by vhathiramani » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:56 am

there is no secret..just keep trying..i got mine trying at 1 am a t night..good luck

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:40 pm

is it possible to book more than one appointment for same candidate at one PEO office or different offices with various dates.
i have raised this question because have seen some posts that people are booking multiple appointments but i don't know for what reason