ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 General - Early Extension - confusions - please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fslateef

Tier-1 General - Early Extension - confusions - please help

Post by fslateef » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I am in UK under Tier-1 General and already got one extension (going to expire on 19 Oct 2013); now as I will be short of 6-months when my current visa/extension expires so I have to go for another (2nd) extension (I have two dependents with me in UK) to cover 5-years for ILR.

Now the questions and confusions:

-- I want to apply for extension early in mid of February 2013 (already got PEO appointment but only able to get it for myself _not_ dependents), so can I do that ? Or they can refuse visa as I am applying early and not in last month ?

-- If I can apply early then what will happen to my dependent's visa (which is valid at the moment along-with mine until 19 Oct 2013) means is this automatically becomes _invalid_ ? My dependents will be traveling abroad for a month by mid of March 2013. I am at the moment planning to apply for them separately later by post when they come back to UK, is this possible ?

I hope that I am able to clearly state my confusions.

Waiting for reply.

Thanks

askhan
United Kingdom

Re: Tier-1 General - Early Extension - confusions - please h

Post by askhan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:35 pm

fslateef wrote:Hello everyone,

I am in UK under Tier-1 General and already got one extension (going to expire on 19 Oct 2013); now as I will be short of 6-months when my current visa/extension expires so I have to go for another (2nd) extension (I have two dependents with me in UK) to cover 5-years for ILR.

Now the questions and confusions:

-- I want to apply for extension early in mid of February 2013 (already got PEO appointment but only able to get it for myself _not_ dependents), so can I do that ? Or they can refuse visa as I am applying early and not in last month ?

yes you can do that, they wont refuse as long you are satisfying the points
your visa will start from feb 2013

-- If I can apply early then what will happen to my dependent's visa (which is valid at the moment along-with mine until 19 Oct 2013) means is this automatically becomes _invalid_ ?

no

My dependents will be traveling abroad for a month by mid of March 2013. I am at the mome013feb2nt planning to apply for them separately later by post when they come back to UK, is this possible ?

yes

I hope that I am able to clearly state my confusions.

Waiting for reply.

Thanks
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:47 pm

You'll be fine. I was 12 months early on my extension.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks askhan and xpscapable for your quick replies.

@askhan: are they going to ask me why I am applying early ? and if yes then what sort of reasons they can consider ? Do you have any idea ?

@xpscapable: when you applied for extension, recently ? As yesterday I talked to a lady from UKBA enquiry helpline and she said that applying early is not recommended and I can loose money .... I am confused now as she seems to ask me to read new rules.

Thanks again for your help and waiting for reply.

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:08 am

fslateef wrote:Thanks askhan and xpscapable for your quick replies.

@askhan: are they going to ask me why I am applying early ? and if yes then what sort of reasons they can consider ? Do you have any idea ?

They dont bother anyway. but if they as tell them that it is because to overcome the shortfall.

you spoken to call centre.. they are not fully aware of the rule and policies. try again calling again and you will see the difference.

@xpscapable: when you applied for extension, recently ? As yesterday I talked to a lady from UKBA enquiry helpline and she said that applying early is not recommended and I can loose money .... I am confused now as she seems to ask me to read new rules.

Thanks again for your help and waiting for reply.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks askhan for your reply.

You are right about call centre persons .... and this is annoying.

I believe now that I can go to PEO appointment _not_ tensed due to early application.

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:14 pm

fslateef wrote:@xpscapable: when you applied for extension, recently ? As yesterday I talked to a lady from UKBA enquiry helpline and she said that applying early is not recommended and I can loose money .... I am confused now as she seems to ask me to read new rules.
UKBA enquiry helpline is known to give incorrect advice at times.

There's no rule that specify when you can extend as long as it's before your visa expires. I extended in 2011. When I extended back in 2011 the case officer asked why did I extend, I still have a year left. I said for work and mortgage application which is true.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:37 pm

xpscapable wrote: UKBA enquiry helpline is known to give incorrect advice at times.

There's no rule that specify when you can extend as long as it's before your visa expires. I extended in 2011. When I extended back in 2011 the case officer asked why did I extend, I still have a year left. I said for work and mortgage application which is true.
Thanks, sorry replying late. Thanks for clarification.

I am still a bit tensed as application will be 8-months early (my reason is peace-of-mind as I have to go for extension to overcome shortfall from 5-years/ILR) and not sure what reason have to give to case-worker.

Also just want to confirm again that you are 100% sure that there is no way/reason they can deny my extension due to this early application even whatever answer I give ?

Thanks

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:47 pm

fslateef wrote:
xpscapable wrote: UKBA enquiry helpline is known to give incorrect advice at times.

Thanks, sorry replying late. Thanks for clarification.

I am still a bit tensed as application will be 8-months early (my reason is peace-of-mind as I have to go for extension to overcome shortfall from 5-years/ILR) and not sure what reason have to give to case-worker.

Also just want to confirm again that you are 100% sure that there is no way/reason they can deny my extension due to this early application even whatever answer I give ?

Thanks
mate,

conciouness is good, but dont be over concious. as logn as you satify the point for your 2nd extension they wont refuse, if your applying by post just mention in your cover letter the reason of early application or if you are going to PEO then just chill as if they have any issue they will ask you and you can tell them count my tenure i m short of this much days.

i have seen a similar case. and they are now on ILR. HO didnt ask about the early extension.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:48 pm

fslateef wrote:I am still a bit tensed as application will be 8-months early (my reason is peace-of-mind as I have to go for extension to overcome shortfall from 5-years/ILR) and not sure what reason have to give to case-worker.

Even though you are not obliged to justify why you are extending your leave, the reason you have provided is a perfectly valid one (which many others use to bridge a gap in their residence before applying for ILR). So I wouldn't worry over this.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
fslateef wrote:I am still a bit tensed as application will be 8-months early (my reason is peace-of-mind as I have to go for extension to overcome shortfall from 5-years/ILR) and not sure what reason have to give to case-worker.

Even though you are not obliged to justify why you are extending your leave, the reason you have provided is a perfectly valid one (which many others use to bridge a gap in their residence before applying for ILR). So I wouldn't worry over this.
Thanks.