ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going to Europe with my non-EU spouse on a UK Spouse Visa.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Taucher
Newly Registered

Going to Europe with my non-EU spouse on a UK Spouse Visa.

Post by Taucher » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 am

This is a basic question but I just want to check.

My wife and I were thinking of going on a nice long weekend break to France or Belguim or somewhere. My wife is Colombian and has a UK Spouse Visa since August 2011.

My understanding is that, as the UK is a non-Schengen country, she has to have a Visa to go to a Schengen country? It's a Schengen Visa that she applies for?

Also, I read that you have to have hotel and travel booked in order to get the Visa but I am not sure about booking it all when it is not definite that my wife can even get a visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Your wife can apply for the Schengen visa which is issued for free to spouses of British Citizens (if that is what you are). You don't need all the proof of bookings for this application as long as you travel together. You will find information on the visa website for whichever country you choose to go to for spouses and what documents are required.

Thanks

Char
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.