ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ISSUE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sera
Newly Registered

ILR ISSUE

Post by sera » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi all,

I came to UK on 14/09/2007 on HSMP visa.
extended under TIER 1general as on 31/07/2009.
applied for ILR on 04/07/2012 by postal service along with 2 dependants. Got acknowledgment letter on 9/07/2012
biometric done on 04/09/2012.
I understand that it is going to be nearly six months but as per the new waiting period situation many are waiting for more than 8 months for ILR.

My job status has changed: On 23rd Nov 2012 got redundant and a week later the company shut down.
I am apllying everywhere for job and attended two interviews. Got a job offer too but need to show the ILR along with passport to actually start working. Though I understand that I can leagally work in UK while the application is under process but the company would not count on it.
I called the UKBA call centre yesterday-17/12/12 and they said for Id purposes the passport can be issued but will have to return back until my ILR decision is made. But my problem is that I need the passport with valid visa or ILR(in my case) for the new job.
I got a fax number from call centre person. I am planning to write a letter explaining my real situation and requesting to speed up the process. I am also going to fax the offer letter and redundancy letter to support my request.
The advice I need is that is it a good Idea to inform the UKBA about the employment status. My understanding is that as Tier1 visa is not linked to job, the employment status should not matter moreover I met all the requirement for ILR as on July4/2012. Would UKBA speed up th process on this basis or would I get a negative outcome?
Has anyone else been in similar situation? Any advice or help will be much appreciated.
I will post the outcome of my application for others.

Many thanks in advance
Regards

Hottie
Newly Registered

Post by Hottie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 am

I dont think your employment status matters after you've submitted your application. Its a point based system and as long as you meet the required points with your works status in the last 15 months before your application, you should be fine.
I was in your situation a few months back but I was a bit lucky as the employers took me on with the photocopies of my passport but they did put some conditions on my offer letter pending my ilr. However, a few months later the HR hassled me alot for my passport and I had to send them the employer checking service link below. They downloaded and filled the attached form and HO replied within 5 working days my eligibility to work. I have just got my ilr approved and I will be sending it on monday.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... /ecsstep2/
Hope this helps.

sera
Newly Registered

Post by sera » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Hottie wrote:I dont think your employment status matters after you've submitted your application. Its a point based system and as long as you meet the required points with your works status in the last 15 months before your application, you should be fine.
I was in your situation a few months back but I was a bit lucky as the employers took me on with the photocopies of my passport but they did put some conditions on my offer letter pending my ilr. However, a few months later the HR hassled me alot for my passport and I had to send them the employer checking service link below. They downloaded and filled the attached form and HO replied within 5 working days my eligibility to work. I have just got my ilr approved and I will be sending it on monday.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... /ecsstep2/
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for your reply. I was not aware that there is a thing called employer checking service. This should help me in case I get a job offer.
Thanks again.
Regards
Sera

sera
Newly Registered

Post by sera » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Thank you
I recieved my ILR on the 9th of Jan 2013.
I did not have to send any letter to speed up the process.
It took 6 months and 5 days.

Regards
Sera